Cake Strips

Decorating By mona1949 Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 11:02am by sasporella

mona1949 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 8

Magic Strips are better than the Wilton Strips as you can stretch the magic strips. Just do a search on them.

7 replies
JanH Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:26am
post #2 of 8

I used two different search engines to find Magic Strips and both offered the non-stretch (Wilton type) bake-even strips called by various names....

Only stretchable stips I found were Rose's Heavenly Cake Strips which are silicone and only fit 8-9" square/round pans:

Is the material stretchy in the Magic Strips? If so, I don't think it could be as thick/dense as the bake-even strips material (so would hold less water).

The bake even strips can be easily adjusted by using either a large paper clip or small/medium binder clip, instead of the t-headed pins included.

You can also purchase bake even strips that are secured by Velcro so they adjust easily:
(Or add your own heavy duty Velcro.)


sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:30am
post #3 of 8

Sorry to sound stupid but what are magic strips and wilton strips. I have never heard of them. What are they used for?

JanH Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:37am
post #4 of 8

Photo and descriptive explanation of plain bake-even strips:

HTH icon_smile.gif

sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:51am
post #5 of 8

Wow they sound great thanks. I don't suppose you know where i can get them in the uk do you please.

Texan68 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:55am
post #6 of 8

When using the bake strips with 3" high pans, would I use 2 strips to cover the whole side around the pan or do I use only one?

JanH Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:11am
post #7 of 8
sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:02am
post #8 of 8


Quote by @%username% on %date%