Applying Rolled Buttercream To Cookies

Baking By kwdonlon Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 4:28pm by millicente

kwdonlon Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 5

I'm absolutely sure this has been answered before but I keep running into "Post Does Not Exist" when I'm going through back pages of the forum.

I made the RBC, I'm getting ready to make the cookies. What's the best way to attach the RBC to the cookie? Right when the cookies come out of the oven? With corn syrup? I can't remember!

4 replies
Happybug98 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:58am
post #2 of 5

I use corn syrup. I have a small bottle that I keep it in that works with plastic icing tips. I bought it at the craft store originally to use with melting chocolate but found that it works great for this. But you can also use a pastry brush or your fingers to spread a thin layer on the cookie before applying the RBC. Just make sure that you do not add to much corn syrup because it will not come off of the cookie or the RBC. Good Luck. icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:19am
post #3 of 5

Everyhing you ever wanted to know about Rolled Butter Cream:

kwdonlon Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Happy and Jan...just what I needed to know. And hooray! All the links that I checked out from your list, Jan, still work! I don't know how you keep all those links organized but I am so glad that you do.

millicente Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 5

after cuting out my RBC. I put it in the freezer while the cookies bare baking then I when the cookies are done ...then I use a small db of corn s or royal icing as glue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%