Any Ideas For Mod Mom Cupcakes?

Decorating By jjloveless Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 5:17am by grannys3angels

jjloveless Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjloveless Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 2

I am hosting a "Mod Mom" themed baby shower for my sister-in-law and want to have cupcakes instead of a cake. I saw some beautiful Mod Mom themed cakes here on the site, but couldn't find any ideas for cupcakes. The main colors will be purple and green. There will also be a bit of pink and yellow in the decor, but I think I'd like to stick with the purple and green. Does anyone have any pictures of some unique cupcakes that would fit with the theme? I want something clean, and trendy looking. I also love the look of fondant icing. She doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl, so nothing gender specific. Most of the decorations are just of a pregnant lady holding an umbrella. Any ideas?

1 reply
grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:17am
post #2 of 2

I have no pics that could help you out with an idea, but I do have some ideas that might be of some help to you.

I look at the Mod Mom party decorations and there are squares & circles, you could do some of the cupcakes (with fondant) purple with a green square (cut a smaller square center out before placing it onto the purple). Save that center to use on another cc. Do some of the cc's in green with a purple circle that has it's center cut out, save that center to use on another cc. Mix the shapes & colors up. Sugarshack has a Mod Mom cake in her photos, that shows what I am trying to say about how you could do them. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=47431

On some of the cc's I would do cut out silhouettes of the Mod Mom umbrella out of fondant. Cut some out in a medium shade of purple and then out darker & light shades of circles to place on the umbrellas. Do the same thing in the green color. After they have dried good, attach sucker sticks to the backs, with some candy melts. Cut off some the stick if needed, and then stick the umbrella into the cc...so it looks like it is standing up on top of the cc.

For the mom to be, I would do a silhouette cut out from fondant of the Mod Mom to put on her very own cc. I hope some of these ideas help and you can understand what I mean.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%