How To Introduce Myself

Business By Jenn2179 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 10:53am by kakeladi

Jenn2179 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 4

I know there have been other posts but I can't find them so I am asking for help. I have my own cake business and I am getting business but I am trying to bring in more. How would you introduce yourself and your business to Caterers and Reception sites. I already introduced myself to a number of people in the area but am looking to do it more. The one caterer I met with a few weeks ago helped me alot. I got some really nice oversized postcards made to give to these people to pass along to brides. I am also planning on making samples to give but how should go about doing it. Any suggestions would be great.

3 replies
Jenn2179 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone have any ideas?

indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 4

Its just old fashioned pounding the pavement .... take literature and/or sample cookies/cupcakes with you and either just show up at their door or call to make an appt to come in and see them.

kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:53am
post #4 of 4

Yep, what IndyDebi says.
I've heard at big companies you need to call ahead and make an appointment w/the "HR officer" - a fancy name for officer managericon_smile.gif
Take samples (a 6" decorated to the hilt) & lit and be prepared to tell them what a great idea it is to give a b'day party (w/cake from you!) once a month.
Get 3 or 4 of those lined up and you will be all set.
Word of mouth thru those employees will spread your business like wildfireicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%