Easter Dessert Ideas?

Decorating By lauralee422 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 7:01am by akgirl10

lauralee422 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 8

Hi cc'ers icon_smile.gif I am looking for some dessert ideas to take to MIL's Easter dinner.. they arent big fans of carrot cake. Any suggestions? [Does't necessarily need to be cake either...]
Thanks!

7 replies
cakesnkids Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:45am
post #2 of 8

What about sticky buns, or a lovely tall coconut icebox cake?
Coconut cream pies are great.....as well as a tray of goodies, some petit fors, some cookies ect.

PinkPanther Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 8

Or anything lemon... icon_smile.gif

Jayde Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 8

I am always in charge of holiday desserts. Go figure...

I used to make cakes, but everyone got kidna bored with cake. So this year I am making a weird interpretation of a petit four tray. I have some small cakes, cut into circles, and iced with the poured fondant. I got some little egg shaped sprinkles from sugarcraft, and piped a little bit of grass on there. I made some baklava, and cut it into small squares. I made a couple of mini cookie cakes, with simple bunnies and chicks in icing. I made a couple of homemade turtles, chocolate covered raisens, and chocolate covered marshmallows. And I made a couple of sugar cookie cutouts in the shape of flowers, decorated with royal icing.

I set up a tray with a little paper easter grass (dont use the plastic stuff), and then got a large paper doilie, and set that on top. I put everything on top. It was the hit of the party! It wasnt too time consuming. I just baked on a thursday and then decorated on a friday. Everything was already set up to grab the plate and go. The kids got their cookies, and the adults had several things to choose from.

trixieleigh Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:42am
post #5 of 8

My Mom always made individual sized merengue shells and filled them with lemon curd and topped with whipped cream. They are super simple but look like you are pure genius! I post the recipe if you are interested.

funbun Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:52am
post #6 of 8

My family likes cheesecake (with lemon curd on top) and I have also done chocolate volcano cakes.
YUM!

oodu Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 8

I am making pineapple-mandarin orange cakes for Easter. They are super simple, and very light and summery! You can find the recipe online, or you can PM me and I will send you mine. The "frosting" is so easy and light...doesn't even require an electric mixer! Oh, and did I mention there is absolutely no decorating involved...just a few edible orchids on top and you're done! icon_biggrin.gif

akgirl10 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:01am
post #8 of 8

I'm making a white cake flavored with amaretto, and filling it with cannoli filling. I think i'll ice the top with some cream cheese imbc I made yesterday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%