Fondant For Beginners

Decorating By judylynnturner Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm by oilili

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 2

Ok...I will finally admit that I have never been big on fondant because I simply don't know enough about it to make anything with fondant, but with all the creative people on here doing so many cool fondant decorations, I am finally getting up the corage to try something outside of my realm and broaden my horizons. icon_surprised.gif

What are the necessities for beginning to work with fondant? What tools should I purchase to make the roses and leaves? What tools have you all found you can't live without and wish you would have had fromt he start???

1 reply
oilili Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oilili Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 2

Well, first of all choose your recipe! Some take butter.Crisco others don't!

Perhaps you should have a look at the Wilton's site. You will see all the tools that you need to smooth it, roll and cut it...
Then you have so many other details that you can buy to give "that" effect.

As for flower making... well, fondant techiques don't normally require flower nails. it all depends on the type of rose you are making. You can just do a simple ribbon rose (Wilton's site will explain it) but if you want the real looking thing then you will need the sponge to press the petal against it and other tools to roll on the petal and give it the "shape"....

As for the leaves you will need the cutters.

I've seen some tutorial in youtube. Sorry, i am unable to provide you with links.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%