Do You See Any Problems With My New Website???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 12:49pm by peacockplace

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:09pm
post #31 of 34

Congrats! Your site and your cakes are beautiful! Everything is done with taste...no pun intended icon_biggrin.gif

Great job! Also, the pic of the bride and groom with the gianormous Reeses cup is priceless.

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:10pm
post #32 of 34

Congrats! Your site and your cakes are beautiful! Everything is done with taste...no pun intended icon_biggrin.gif

Great job! Also, the pic of the bride and groom with the gianormous Reeses cup is priceless.

PuffMamaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffMamaT Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:18am
post #33 of 34

Yes, I think it says "class" without being snobby or over-the-top. Very nice. I like the colors, too. It was easy to navigate and fast to load (IE 7.0, high speed).

I also agree -- borders should never be around photos. Never. But then again, that's my profession, so I'm picky. icon_razz.gif

I'm not a fan of the intro pages (i.e., "Click here to enter the site"). I think it's assumed that if they landed on your page somehow, they want to enter the site. They also can be detrimental to search engine placement. Search engine optimization might not be a huge deal to you, though, if you are planning on just putting this on your biz cards and such. If you want online shoppers to find your site, though, I would definitely recommend that you include some NON-Flash text on your site, along with some other modifications. As it stands now, it is very search engine un-friendly.

But as far as look, feel and usability go, great job! thumbs_up.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:49pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffMamaT

Yes, I think it says "class" without being snobby or over-the-top. Very nice. I like the colors, too. It was easy to navigate and fast to load (IE 7.0, high speed).

I also agree -- borders should never be around photos. Never. But then again, that's my profession, so I'm picky. icon_razz.gif

I'm not a fan of the intro pages (i.e., "Click here to enter the site"). I think it's assumed that if they landed on your page somehow, they want to enter the site. They also can be detrimental to search engine placement. Search engine optimization might not be a huge deal to you, though, if you are planning on just putting this on your biz cards and such. If you want online shoppers to find your site, though, I would definitely recommend that you include some NON-Flash text on your site, along with some other modifications. As it stands now, it is very search engine un-friendly.

But as far as look, feel and usability go, great job! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for your advice. I've read that flash only sites don't get picked up on search engines. It's a flash template so I'm not sure how to add anything that is non flash.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%