Cake Balls & Chocolate Fountain

Decorating By sugaah Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 1:51am by TheButterWench

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 5

What is your opinion on dipping cake balls in a chcolate fountain. Will they break apart and clog my fountain or are they sturdy enough to stand-up to the flow. I be following the recipe posted here. Please advise. THANX

4 replies
rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugaah

What is your opinion on dipping cake balls in a chcolate fountain. Will they break apart and clog my fountain or are they sturdy enough to stand-up to the flow. I be following the recipe posted here. Please advise. THANX

I don't have an answer for you, but that sounds like a great idea. I just bought a chocolate fountain that I used over the weekend for my son's b-day party. I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Caker_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caker_Girl Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

I never use popular fondue dipping items such as pound cake or brownies because they do break apart and will clog and inevitably break the fountain. Even if you specifically ask people to spoon chocolate over these items, there will be one or two who don't...and when part of the cake drops into the base of the fountain full of chocolate, they walk off and don't say anything. I've watched it time and time again. I'm therefore hesitant to use anything that might break apart easily. I would guess if there was enough binding agent in the cake balls, everything would PROBABLY be fine. With that said though, I'm not sure I would chance it but I guess I'm maybe overly cautious. I don't even rent mine out but did invest in a large, nice one for when I entertain (which I do often) and would be POed if I had to replace it because it broke because of something like this. With that being said however, it is not for lack of it sounding absolutely delicious. The only better thing than cake balls is having them drenched in chocolate!!! Good luck whatever you decide...and thanks for putting this combo in my head...this will be what I think about (and salivate over) for the rest of the night!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:19am
post #4 of 5

I'm with cakergirl ... i have 5 fountains and will tell brides that while I have biscotti and pound cake on the list of foods, I dont' recommend them for the breaking/crumbing reason.

It's bad enough when I have to dig a strawberry out of the bottom!! icon_mad.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:51am
post #5 of 5

how about having melty pots of chocolate and add a spoon or putting the chocolate in squeeze bottles in a hotel pan that you then can place into an electric skillet that you fill with water and keep it turned on low?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%