Need Help...bmx Ideas

Decorating By ps3884 Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 3:53am by jlh

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:42am
post #1 of 5

Please help! I'm having a hard time coming up with a design for a BMX themed cake. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Penny

4 replies
282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:49am
post #2 of 5

Hi, what about using a horse shoe pan and making a track. Then you could put hills and bumps and bikes on it. Kind of like the car/monster truck tracks. I am sure if you look in the gallery you will find some. HTH

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:19am
post #3 of 5

Hello,
I have a BMX theme cake in my photos. It might not be the type of design you are looking for, but it may help to give you some ideas. The boy this cake was for did motorcross racing and his mother said something to do with that, so thats how I came up with the design.

Hope it can help you out some.
God Bless,
Sharon

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:44am
post #4 of 5

I'm in the same boat. Mother is not sure if she wants a cake, or cupcakes. She is interested in the "dirt theme" and suggested broken up oreos. I need to search the gallery. If you hit on anything fabulous, would you PM me if you think about it? I'm going to try my local cake supplies and see if they have any picks that might inspire me.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 5

I only came up with ONE cake when I searched for BMX. I searched "dirt" and found about 4 pages. I haven't gone through them yet. This will be a challenge. I need to figure out how to pull something off with "dirt" without it looking like a big huge chocolate mess. If I think of anything, I'll share with you. Mine isn't due until Apr 19th, so I've got time. Good luck in your search.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%