I'm Letting Hubby Sell My New Stuff.......been So Busy!!!

Decorating By susies1955 Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm by susies1955

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 9:53am
post #1 of 13

I have been scanning messages but haven't replied in ages. My husband got into selling ebay and I became his helper.
He is now selling some of my brand new cake pan sets and my Harley shirts too. Yes, I'm letting him. I don't think I will ever bake anything that big and I'm sort of losing a little interest already. How come?????
Do any of you go back and forth with hobbies?
I haven't baked a cake since December. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Sorry to see that the forum has had difficulty but glad it is up and running again.
Susie

12 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 10:50am
post #2 of 13

Hey, Susie!

Yes, I have also been on the fringe of cake decorating from time to time. Taking classes has helped me regain the passion that I thought I was losing for a while, especially when it involves making gumpaste flowers.

Then, there is the wedding brooms and accessories I was making. It has been tradition in my family that I make all of the decorations, flowers, and headpieces for my family weddings. We had a string of weddings for about 2 years, and they all also wanted the jumping brooms that are used in some African-American weddings. Well, I bought some extra stuff, made a few extra brooms and candle holders, sold them, then got tired of doing them. They sold slowly, because I could not afford a website to work from. Perhaps after I move into a bigger place....

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jo_ann Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:02am
post #3 of 13

Hi Susie,

Will you post your dh's seller id name so we can bid on some of your pans.
Or post the links to the pans.

Thanks
Jo-Ann

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:10am
post #4 of 13

Hi Theresa,
What do you mean "packing up the apartment"? Where you going?
I had thoughts of taking classes but gas, cost of class and supplies I changed my mind. The class is over an hour away.
You sure are keeping busy.
Have fun,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:12am
post #5 of 13

Hi Jo-Ann,
I didn't put the seller id or link as I don't think we are suppose to do that here but you can email me with the email button below or PM me. icon_smile.gif
Susie

playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:28am
post #6 of 13

I'm not going far, just in the process of buying a house. And boy, I can't wait to move! It will be nice to have a home of my own again. I lost mine to foreclosure when I took ill, 6 years ago.

So, I'm packing up the apartment so I'm ready to go as of closing day.

As far as classes, you can always try a Nick Lodge DVD, and see if that gets you going again. I think they cost about $20 plus shipping, each.

How far north are you in NY? Closer to Poughkeepsie, or Lake George, or the Great Lakes area?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:51am
post #7 of 13

Theresa,
Well, have fun in your new home. How wonderful.
I have a few of those Bake/Decorate/Celebrate DVD's and they help. I'll have to look into the Nick Lodge one.
I'm an hour north of Watertown. Ever hear of it???? Two hours north of Syracuse. icon_smile.gif I'm WAY UP THERE.
Susie

playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 13

Yeah, I guess you are way up there.

I was going to suggest that you go to Poughkeepsie for private lessons with Betty Van Norstrand, but given your distance, it would mean overnight travel for you.

If you ever decide to take the drive, I have her contact information. Just me a PM and I will send it to you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 13

Theresa,
Thanks but like you said "it would be way to far" for Betty's Private Lessons. That is like almost the bottom of the state. Six or seven hours.
Well, gotta go dry my hair and go visit my Dad.
Nice chatting with you,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:44pm
post #10 of 13

Have gotten quite a few PM's so here is my husbands ebay user id "alsue1973" and here is the link. I 'think' it will take you there.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZalsue1973
I haven't been told that it is not right to post so there you go. icon_smile.gif
Thanks,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:48pm
post #11 of 13

Have gotten quite a few PM's so here is my husbands ebay user id "alsue1973" and here is the link. I 'think' it will take you there.
I haven't been told that it is not right to post so there you go. icon_smile.gif
Thanks,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:50pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #13 of 13

Sorry about the duplicates. icon_redface.gif
Susie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%