Diamond Impression Mat, How Do You?????

Decorating By ranbel Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 12:49pm by Tellis12

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:29am
post #1 of 6

I just rec'd my impression mat today in the mail.

I'm sure there is a proper way to use this thing. It's not as flexable as I thought it was going to be.

I am excited about making this design, it looks beautiful on the side of a cake.

Thanks to all icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

5 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:33am
post #2 of 6

plce it against cake but do not press the last inch or so , so you do not get that end line on your cake. rock it aorund the side of the cake, avoiding the last inch of mat. remove, wipe off grease, reapply and line up the lines and keep going around. the pattern will not match where you started so make that the back of the cake.

HTH

ranbel Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:53am
post #3 of 6

Thank you, I will definately follow your directions. I plan to make a practice cake before the wedding, so I can get this down pat.

Again, thanks and have a great day!

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 6

I usually dip my mat in powdered sugar so that it doesn't stick to the icing. The mat isn't flexible enough to "wrap" around the cake, so I just hold the ends and kind of "roll" it around, pressing gently. It really works well!

ranbel Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you both, sugarshack and deb12g. I will make sure I sugar dust it first. I definately don't want it to stick. I am going to do a practica cake this weekend and the wedding cake is due next weekend. I have about a half of 5gal bucket of old icing that I was getting ready to throw out, so I am going to practice with it, until I get it right.

Thanks again to both of you and have a wonderful day!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 6

Ladies, is this how you do it with fondant and butter cream?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%