Oreo Molds

Baking By beachcakes Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 8:29am by Honeydukes

beachcakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 7

I bought some oreo molds from spinning leaf. I tried to make some with white choc candy melts, but you can see the oreo through the chocolate. Is there another brand of cookie that would work that is smaller?

6 replies
Jmtreu98 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 7

Hi beachcakes!

I just did the Oreo's with the white and I didn't have any problems. What I did find is that I needed to fill the mold initially with more candy. When you drop the cookie in push gently and give it a little twist, then top off with more candy.

Other than that, I didn't have any problems. They are so much fun to do. I did a bumble bee and bunnies. Got the idea from a website called Favorz.

Look in my photo's, my cookies are in there.

Good luck!

Honeydukes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmtreu98

...did a bumble bee and bunnies. Got the idea from a website called Favorz. Look in my photo's, my cookies are in there.
...!




Sooo cute. You did such a great job! Can you answer a couple stupid questions? Did you use regular sized chenille stems or did you cut them? How did you "tie" them on? It's hard to see from the picture. LOVE that chocolate bunny, BTW!

beachcakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 7

Sooo cute jeanene! I don't know why you could see the cookie through the sides on mine!

Jmtreu98 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:51am
post #5 of 7

quote]

Sooo cute. You did such a great job! Can you answer a couple stupid questions? Did you use regular sized chenille stems or did you cut them? How did you "tie" them on? It's hard to see from the picture. LOVE that chocolate bunny, BTW![/quote]

Thanks Honeydukes...

I did cut the chenille stems, only about an inch though. I centered the stem around the cookie bag so it was even on both sides and twisted to make sure the bag was secure. Probably three times. Then I bent each side in half and secured each side with one twist at the base. Then I just bent the ears in to shape. Some looked like mice, but the kids didn't care. I hope you understand my bad explanation. It is really hard to describe!

If you have any questions please PM...My email is [email protected] Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks and good luck!

Jmtreu98 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:54am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

Sooo cute jeanene! I don't know why you could see the cookie through the sides on mine!




Hi Beachcakes!

Please keep in mind I used the Wilton Candy Melts for the white portion. Those are really thick when they are melted. Thicker than white chocolate, at least I think they are. I also think they are really easy to work with. That could be the difference. I think the Wilton melts taste good. The white is a vanilla flavor. The Wilton milk chocolate/dark chocolate are really good too. I use them all the time. I stock up when I find them on sale!

Honeydukes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 8:29am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmtreu98

I did cut the chenille stems, only about an inch though. I centered the stem around the cookie bag so it was even on both sides and twisted to make sure the bag was secure. Probably three times. Then I bent each side in half and secured each side with one twist at the base. Then I just bent the ears in to shape. Some looked like mice, but the kids didn't care. I hope you understand my bad explanation. It is really hard to describe!

If you have any questions please PM...My email is [email protected] Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks and good luck!




I think I got it. I'm gonna try those chocolate bunnies! Thanks so much for the help, we'll see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%