Edible Image Question

Decorating By Petro Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 6:15pm by iamlis

Petro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petro Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

I just got my printer, edible paper and ink in over the weekend. I am attempting to do my first cake w/edible image on it. I use a buttercream icing made with heavy whipping cream instead of water or milk.

Can I refrigerate the cake after I put the image on?

Also, my the red color prints out pale not a bright red like it should be. Any suggestions on why it would do this or any solutions to fix it?
Thanks

2 replies
SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 3

yes you most certainly can. I do lots of edible image cakes and I refridgerate all of them before sending them off.

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 3

Gosh, I am not sure, I have been told by some great decorators here at CC, and one of my customers that as the cake came up to room temp, the image on the cake somewhat blurred, the customer sent me the picture, and it was pretty unrecognizable. I am not sure if this helps but that was just MY experience. THe cakes looked great at delivery but as they came up to room temp and sweated, it just blurred after a few hours. One CCer told me of a cake with EI on the sides of the cake she would NEVER refrigerate again, it sweat and the image blurred and kind of ran-giving it the weeping kind of look. Again, just my opinion, maybe play around with it! GOO LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%