Almost Free Containers For Cookie Bouquets

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 12:11am by JackieA

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 6

I saw a hint in this month's Goodhouskeeping magazine, and immediately saw it as a cookie bouquet container! Use tin cans, cleaned, with the label peeled off. Use spray adhesive to cover them in wrapping paper, construction paper, wallpaper, etc. Who doesn't throw out those cans into the recycle bin every week? I know I do. And they come in a variety of sizes...I'm looking forward to a trip to the grocery store to see what I can find.

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 6

Wow, I wish I'd thought of that one!

Glad to read this now - I just made red sauce, and always use diced tomatoes in it. The empty cans will totally come in handy now!

Thanks for sharing -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

N2Cookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N2Cookies Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for posting. I can see DH now, asking me about why I am saying them, he'll have that deer staring into the headlights look. There's always lots of stuff around from other craft projects to decorate them.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:45am
post #4 of 6

I saw a variety of scrapbook papers on sale at JoAnn's, so I'm thinking they would work great for this project. I think it'll be an easy way to coordinate the container to the cookies.

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 6

That is such a great idea. I saw everyones amazing cookie bouquets in the photo gallery. Im going to attempt one for Easter. I was looking at containers yesterday and I was thinking how expensive they are. Now I cant wait for my supermarkets Can Can sale!!

JackieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieA Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:11am
post #6 of 6

Great idea! I also go garage or yard saling in the summer and find amazing plant pots, large mugs, ceramic bowls, vases etc for next to nothing. Anything I can run through the dishwasher to sterilize!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%