Making Fondant Animals

Decorating By blueydmom2004 Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm by Shyanne_Mommy

blueydmom2004 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to make fondant animal statues for my sons 1st birthday cake. So far I've attempted an elephant and I've done this by basically treating the fondant (with some gumtex added to it) as if it was clay or playdoh and made individual pieces to stick together...legs, arms, trunk, tummy, ears, head. How do I make the pieces stick together?

3 replies
mcalhoun Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

Just brush a little water on them if they are small like a nose or something. To get arms and legs to stay on you can put part of a raw noodle into the animal brush a little water on and then add the limb. Or you can take a little Tylose (I guess Gum Tex would work the same) and mix it w/ a tiny bit of water and it makes like a gel glue that is very sticky.
Melissa

serenelui Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 4

Aine2 has a video on you tube that teaches you how to make an elephant.. you can also make your own edible glue by adding a bit of gum tex to water.. icon_smile.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 4

you can also you a bit of bc frosting.... good luck...I just push it together and it stuck after a couple of hours of being stuck....I also purchased a Modeling Clay book on how to make animals this weekend and I am proud to say I learn how to make a piggy!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%