18 Inch Square Pan With No "edge"

Decorating By bellsnbows Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 1:12pm by aswartzw

bellsnbows Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know if there is an 18 inch square pan with no edge sticking out around it? I have a couple of weddings coming up that I need to make an 18 inch square for. I have put my rectangle in my oven long ways and it just barely doesn't close. I think I could fit it if it didn't have that "lip" on it. Any other suggestions???

4 replies
apclassicwed Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 5

Wilton pans usually do not have that "lip" on them. I'm not sure about Magic Line (who makes the better pans,IMHO). If you get Wilton, get the Decorator's Preferred line

aswartzw Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 5

I know that Fat Daddio's has the rounded edge while Magic Line has the straight (squared and crisp icon_wink.gif ) edges. Some of the Wilton Preferred has the perfectly square edges and not rounded. My current Wilton Preferred 9x11 is perfectly squared.

tracycakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 5

My Wilton Decorator Preferred also has the lip on it like Magic Line does. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bellnbows wants one with no lip. correct?

aswartzw Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

My Wilton Decorator Preferred also has the lip on it like Magic Line does. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bellnbows wants one with no lip. correct?

Oh, that lip! icon_redface.gif I thought you were talking about square vs rounded edges. Then I know that Wilton Preferred and Fat Daddios all have lips on them. I only know regular Wilton doesn't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%