Need Help Here!!!!!

Decorating By suzted7 Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm by pjaycakes

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake for a friend of my husbands. It's in the shape of Maine. No kidding. I carved it as best as I could....LOL. Anyway, instead of white, what other color would you recommend for this? I DO have some gumpaste decorations for this..I'm using piping gel for the water on one end....I'm at a loss. I really don't want to use white. What about mint green? Or just the lightest green possible? HELP HELP HELP! LOL

4 replies
mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 5

Is it supposed to look like a map?

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 5

You could color the whole state in a pale green, blue or even an orange color like a map. I don't know what decorations you have but you could do a few of the Interstates and maybe make a few road signs. Make sure you post pics. Good luck.

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 5

Well, he said he wanted it to look like Maine. He wanted Bangor on there (it's for his wife's birthday), because she was born there and then the small town they're retiring to real soon. She loves cabins, so I made a cabin and a mountain range and also 3 buildings for Bangor. I was going for a 3D effect. I was going to draw some roads and some small lakes (using piping gel) because there are lakes around where they are going to live. I"m also doing the "shoreline" using piping gel. It's NOT going to be exact but close enough I think. I think light light green would be ok you think?

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 5

Go for it. Sounds like it will be great. We all want to see so post pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%