Over The Hill Cake For Outdoorsman

Decorating By mommabuda Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 9:36pm by dinas27

mommabuda Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

My FIL is turning 50 and I'm in charge of his surprise party and the cake. He loves fishing, hunting... anything outdoorsey... any ideas? I don't want anything TOO crazy but something other than a sheet cake would be nice... I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant so really don't feel like futzing too much... lol. I loved the toilet idea I saw on here but not sure my MIL would like that.

5 replies
Doug Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 6

hunter in souped up wheelchair that looks like a hunting blind?

jterrill Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 6

Have you seen those fish fondant cakes with silver dust and scales? Those are cool! Or you could always make a boot and attach a fishing line to it. hee hee

cakesnkids Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:47am
post #4 of 6

What if he goes over the hill and slips in a pile of deer poop? Then you could use a quippy saying about being over the hill and now it's the deer's turn!

hhcakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 6

I've done a hunter in camo taking aim at a target with a big 50 on it. It could either be a rifle or a bow...whatever type hunting he prefers.

dinas27 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 6

hmm I thought of fishing from a wheelchair

having a drooping 'fishing rod aka cant get it up anymore' but since its for your FIL maybe thats not such a great idea after all! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Maybe a hill cake with him cresting the hill and a deer standing on the other side holding the gun, with a quote about not being able to run so fast in his old age?

Maybe you could make a cake like looking through a pair of glasses and the deer being blurry and a quote about needing bifocals?

Quote by @%username% on %date%