What Is Your Wedding Cake Photo Album Like?

Business By cakedout Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 5:02pm by CelebrationsbyLori

cakedout Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 2

I decided recently that my wedding cake photo album that I show my brides is badly in need of up-dating. icon_cry.gif

I have two albums that I show- one with my own work that is an 11x15 Creative Memories album with 5x7 or larger pics (1 per page).

The second album is a notebook style (same color as cake album) with page protectors. This book is the "idea book" with photos from Wilton books and other magazines of cakes designs that I am capable of reproducing.

So....now that both books are torn apart and the really out-dated styles gone, any ideas for a fresh, trendy look?

1 reply
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 2

I like mine to be clean pages, not torn of course, but the focus to be on the cake that is shown. I have photo album pages that allow a vertical and horizontal picture on each page. I always take a pic of every wedding cake from both angles, so I place one of each on each page and then add a label (printed on the computer) with the sizes of each layer, and how much the cake serves total. Then under the photos, I add a small label that tells where the reception was so they can see how others have set tables up, etc. I also add a unique number to each cake so when brides look and pick out a cake I have done previously I can notate the number and there is no confusion as to design or set up style months later when I am ready to make the cake! I don't show any pictures out of books or magazines, I prefer the brides to only see what I have done. I think they get a pretty good sense of your style of decorating that way. Of course a lot of them bring in pictures out of magazines, of the internet, etc., but I can usually show them something close out of my photos so they feel confident I can actually do the design!
HTH -Lori

Quote by @%username% on %date%