Not A Disaster...just...ewww, Gross...

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm by imaginecakes

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 14

I spent about three hours yesterday making a fondant "jester crown/hat" for this cake I have due in a week and 1/2. I did not want to use gumpaste, but I needed it to be dry.

Anyway, I finally get it the right size, thickness, it is standing up and is being supported by coke cans, and I am feeling good.

My darling 5 yo son comes over to look at it...sneezes...and the snot goes flying all over my work.
icon_razz.gif

My poor baby, the sneeze came on so fast and he felt so terrible.
He kept saying "I'm sorry mommy" over and over.

Sigh. Oh well, I will start again this evening.

13 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 14

LOL That is gross. Just spray it with Lysol, and it should be fine, right? icon_razz.gif Just kidding.

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 14

Kids...you HAVE to love them right? mY 1 Year old is addicted to fondant crumbs on the floor, my husband get sooo mad at me, "Why is he eating this!?" Like I PUT it on the floor, hey keep us sane I guess, well kind of make us INSANE too icon_smile.gif! Good luck on the NEXT jester hat!

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 14

I'm sorry that happened to you! Oh, the joy of motherhood huh?! icon_lol.gif I hope it turns out more beautiful than the first one you did! icon_biggrin.gif HAPPY BAKING!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 14

and I'm always afraid I'm the one who is going to sneeze/cough. Hope it was just a random sneeze and not sicknessicon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 14

Oh god luv him! I feel worse for him than I do for you having to make it all over again! icon_cry.gif Bless his heart!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 14

was anyone going to eat the hat anyhow????

Oh relax.........I'm kidding!! LOl

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 14

Khalstead.. that was too funny! You know we were all wondering that in the back of our mind anyway!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 14

YUCK! icon_eek.gif Some things should just not be shared icon_confused.gif

See some people think kids are ok to have around them when they do cakes but would die if a dog walked into the room.

I say tie the kids up too. icon_lol.gif

j/k of course

ChristieFinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieFinkle Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 14

And my husband couldn't figure out why I wanted a lock on my baking kitchen door! I had just finished 65 RI flowers for my parents anniversary cake, when my daughter (4) and her BF ate 1/2 of them! Big Lesson learned!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:56pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlis

Kids...you HAVE to love them right? mY 1 Year old is addicted to fondant crumbs on the floor, my husband get sooo mad at me, "Why is he eating this!?" Like I PUT it on the floor, hey keep us sane I guess, well kind of make us INSANE too icon_smile.gif! Good luck on the NEXT jester hat!

hahahahahahahahahahaha...that was too funny...I just pictured someone placing little morsels of sugary items on the floor to occupy the tots...like an Easter egg hunt..."I think I see another gob over there...Oh, look...is that a brown one? OMG! NO, THAT AIN'T ONE THAT AIN'T ONE!!! SPIT IT OUT(DIGGIN A FINGER THROUGH THE KIDS MOUTH) SPIT IT OUT!"

ANTNET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANTNET Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:16pm
post #12 of 14

I just pictured someone placing little morsels of sugary items on the floor to occupy the tots...like an Easter egg hunt..."I think I see another gob over there...Oh, look...is that a brown one? OMG! NO, THAT AIN'T ONE THAT AIN'T ONE!!! SPIT IT OUT(DIGGIN A FINGER THROUGH THE KIDS MOUTH) SPIT IT OUT!"

now that is funny i started crying a me desk

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:39pm
post #13 of 14

LOL! And that is basically our version of easter EVERY friday afternoon getting the Saturday cakes done!

AND for the record JoanneK, I start out the day by tying him up-he just keeps chewing through the rope-then the fondant.

Hopeless...

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlis

LOL! And that is basically our version of easter EVERY friday afternoon getting the Saturday cakes done!

AND for the record JoanneK, I start out the day by tying him up-he just keeps chewing through the rope-then the fondant.

Hopeless...

see I have the exact same problem....only I'm MAKING the rope from fondant....is that what I'm doing wrong??? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%