Ices Convention - Can I Go Just To Look?

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm by Kahuna

Kahuna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 3

The website has tons of info if you are bringing a cake, I'm certianally not brave enough to do that!! Anyway, I would love to go to look and learn but can't find out how much it costs to get in etc. do you have to be a member to attend. we live on a shoestring budget so I need to plan ahead. Thanks

2 replies
TexasSugar Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 3

For usually $7-$10 you can purchase just an entrance into the cake room to look at all the cakes. For $50 you can purchase an entrance to the cake room and the Vender room.

If you want to do the demo's or any other events at the convention then you need to register for the convention. And you will see the different prices for that. No, you do not have to be an ICES memeber to go to the convention, or do the above things, but when registering for the convention is it cheaper to be one. Even after paying the membership fee you will still pay less for the convention, so I can't see how it hurts to become a member.

How much you spend outside the registration fee will depend on you. If you do go to the whole convention you may need food money and hotel stay (unless you live locally), and you will want some shopping money.

Kahuna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for the info. I would really like to go to the demo's and maybe learn a thing or two. I'm going to leave my DD with grandma and actually go somewhere by myself, I won't know how to act!! I'm really excited thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%