67 Gto Theme

Decorating By tiggy2 Updated 14 Jan 2007 , 11:22pm by tiggy2

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 1:09am
post #1 of 9

I want to do my DH birthday cake with the theme of a 67 GTO. I've never sculpted a cake so don't know if I'm up that. I can do an edible image but that seems so plain. Anyone have any better ideas? I have an image of one in the exact color of his car and images of the GTO emblem. HELP!

8 replies
tiggy2 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone??? I need it for Jan. 20.

tiggy2 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 9

Here's a photo of the car I want to use.
LL

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 9

The lady that made this cake could maybe teach you how to make a chocolate car to put on a cake!

I think hers is amazing!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-90831.html

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:06am
post #5 of 9

Check link below. Tracy gives great instructions with pictures on how she made the camaro cake. Click on the thumbnail pic of the red camaro cake.

Hope this helps.

http://sdbytracy.com/photosocc2.htm

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:16am
post #6 of 9

I couldn't get another link to a car cake instructions to post but another option: Enlarge picture of car on photocopier and cut out shape. Bake sheet cake and put enlarged picture of car onto cake and cut cake into shape of the car. Then decorate to look like the car.

tiggy2 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:27am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by socake

The lady that made this cake could maybe teach you how to make a chocolate car to put on a cake!

I think hers is amazing!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-90831.html

Thanks socake, I sent a pm to her and she sent me excellent instructions on carving a car. icon_biggrin.gif Since I don't have a model of the car I can't make a mold of it icon_sad.gif I've never carved a cake but I'm going to give it a try. If it doesn't work I can always revert back to the edible image. Thanks for all the replies.

myrrhmaid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myrrhmaid Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 9

what about if you just do the front grill on a rectangle cake? Or just have 2 tire tracks like the car peeled out off the cake. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

tiggy2 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:22pm
post #9 of 9

I have 2 9x13 cakes on the oven. I'll freeze them then stack and try carving. I may end up with cake balls icon_sad.gif and I'll just tell him that was the plan icon_smile.gif Either way he'll get something he likes. If it turns out to be a car I'll post a photo. Birthday isn't until the 21st so I'll post after that. Thanks for all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%