Best "cake Over" Cure?

Lounge By imartsy Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 12:11am by michellenj

imartsy Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 8

So we've all heard of (or experienced) hang-overs.... what about "cake-overs"? Where you've had just a little too much bites of cake scraps, icing, chocolate, cake balls,etc..... what do you do then? I've eaten crackers before.... but it's not working this time! LOL! So what do you do? Or does everyone else just have better will power than me?

7 replies
indydebi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:20am
post #2 of 8

I heard a story once about a candy shop who told all of it's new employees "you're welcome to eat as much of the candy as you want!" ..... because they knew that after about a week or so, they wouldn't have to worry about the employees eating the inventory!!

Maybe your week isn't up yet! icon_lol.gif But the last thing that goes in my mouth anymore is cake or icing! I got thru my week's orientation a long time ago! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lardbutt Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:51am
post #3 of 8

Try chewing gum. I keep meaning to try it, but dang I love icing!

leily Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:58am
post #4 of 8

I don't have any suggestions to get you feeling better right now... but I have been there done that. I am with indydebi. You'll get over your stuff pretty quickly! I rarely eat my own cake, and if I do it is just a couple of bites.... now cookies on the other hand... if there are PB cookies then I have to make an extra batch just for me!

Gum is a good thing also. It helped me quite a bit to stop licking everything. Try bubble gum flavor mixed with sweet sweet BC icing (UGH!!)

ceshell Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:08am
post #5 of 8

I just skip a few meals LOL. Or go for a nice long walk (if the weather isn't great it makes a great excuse to hit the mall!)

michellenj Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 8

Try some Listerine. Nothing is appetizing after a nice swish of that! I used to keep a bottle of it in my desk when I was new in the restaurant biz, back when the food was still appetizing. I am with the other posters, though, about it no longer appealing to you after a while. Now, the only thing that really gets me is brownies.

MommyBunny Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 8

I used to eat lollipops, but that was when I started decorating at age 13. Now, I guess I am a reformed icing eater.

"My name is Patricia and I have been icing free for 20yrs!!" And yes, I did go to icing anonymous meetings.

michellenj Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:11am
post #8 of 8

If I make the icing, I have no desire to eat it. Something about eating pure butter or crisco....

Quote by @%username% on %date%