Post Your Worst Cake!! (Cpntinued Since After The Crash)

Decorating By ceshell Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm by Lizzybug78

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 1:03pm
post #211 of 422

Worst cake ever...

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 1:43pm
post #212 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Worst cake ever...

I have seen a lot worse!

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 2:33pm
post #213 of 422

After much diffing, here is mine..... Haha oh my....this was a Tinker Bell cake. hmmm All I can say is I have come along way and I am glad I didn't give up! Everyone has to start somewhere right!

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 2:50pm
post #214 of 422

My least favorite cake that I've done.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:13pm
post #215 of 422

this is right after I caught the cake bug, and just before the infection went full-blown...

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:21pm
post #216 of 422

AWhats wrong with that one???

BatterUpCake Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:50pm
post #217 of 422

This was my first designed cake and I to do it on really short notice...I used cream cheese frosting and sprayed it with pink spray. once we got it outside the pink started sweating off then the cream cheese slid off... It was delicious, everyone got their picture of the cake before it melted and then the "real" minnie mouse showed up....and saved the day. Shhhhhh don't tell Charlotte it wasnt the real Minne

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:55pm
post #218 of 422

This was the second cake I ever decorated. It was the final cake for one of my Wilton Classes. Before I learned all the awesome things I learned on here. Like crumb coating, leveling the cake, and using Viva to smooth it out. This was only back in October of last year and I already think I have come so far. Still learning thanks to all of you awesome cakers!

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:56pm
post #219 of 422

This is a Dalek (from Dr Who) from back in 2007.  Unfortunately my husband doesn't like buttercream, so the icing is icing sugar, drinking chocolate powder and water.  The half a malteser-on-a-cocktail stick worked really well, it's just a shame about the tin foil arm!!!! Then  I had to open several packets of Smarties to get enough colours as no self respecting dalek would be seen dead wearing pink 'dalekanium'!!!!!

Unfortunately it really sagged; pretty much all over; mainly due to the total lack of any support structure such as dowels or straws!!!

Thank fully he loved it!!  I just remember it as being so much better than this; until I found these pics again this year!.....this year I'm attempting gumpaste figures for the first time....methinks I shall be adding to this thread again!

malou1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malou1021 Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 4:13pm
post #220 of 422

AThe first ever fondant cake I made was for my son's first bday. My sister and i couldn't figure out how to get the powder sugar off it so we started dabbing water all over the cake. Little did I know that water and fondant don't go well together.

lesucreaufour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesucreaufour Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 4:58pm
post #221 of 422

This is my worst cake ever...

BatterUpCake Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 5:54pm
post #222 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettley 

After much diffing, here is mine..... Haha oh my....this was a Tinker Bell cake. hmmm All I can say is I have come along way and I am glad I didn't give up! Everyone has to start somewhere right!

I think Tink fell in the bushes or disappeared herself with Pixie dist! lol. The elements of it are not bad. It is just too busy. But did the child love it and did it taste good?

BatterUpCake Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 5:58pm
post #223 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrabblemomof1 

The plan was to have a baby laying in a blanket. I realized I didn't achieve that look when my co-workers kept saying, "What the heck is that??" or "What is this surpose to be??"
LL

I did a Tbone steak for my sons birthday and most knew what it was but I woud get an occasional "is that a lung" kidny, etc....lol
BatterUpCake Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 6:28pm
post #224 of 422

Ok...I don't have pics because I wanted no part of them....but I did a Gaelic wedding cake 2 weeks ago. I had never done a wedding cake and I had never stenciled. I told my friend all of this when she wanted the cake but she insisted on having me do it I had the bottom and top tier 4" and the middle tier was 8. I used dowels for support. but within the minutes the lovely cake was melting and leaning. Then they asked me to remove the top tier and cut the cake. Not part of the contract wbut I always love helping. Well when slicing the tall tier the sides just started falling off. It was the worlds ugliest cake and I did not want to claim it. But afterwards I a had people swarm to me about how light and creamy the frosting was and how dreamy the flavor and texture (WASC). The bride and groom are palnning a real ceremony after the baby is born (this reception took place in a horse riding arena)and then I will offer them a free cake using the SPS system this time. I knew at this time I was not ready for a wedding cake and had my arm twisted into it. But it all worked out well...all of the guest are very close friends and they gave me the benefit of the doubt.

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 12:44am
post #225 of 422

As promised here is the cakes that go into the worst cake hall of fame for me!

The first one was my VERY first cake done for my ex husband...hmm...interesting now that I think about it...(LOL you can even see my icing in a can! LMBO)

The second cake was done for my mom's wedding...eek...I misspelled the word HONOR!!! I could not believe I was so embarrassed. Thankfully no one cared and mom said that she is going to renew her vows and so I get to redeem myself!

Bonus! These cakes aren't that bad but I still think that they aren't what they should be. My fondant is lumpy and the pearls would not stay on. Also, I couldn't get the silver balls to stay the way I wanted. The only tier that looked right was the one with the non edible ribbon! LOL

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 12:49am
post #226 of 422

Here is another cake that I hate! I seem to have a lot of losers and very few winners...this cake was made for a friend who was obsessed with Twilight...I used powder sugar to roll out the chocolate fondant, then wiped it clean with a damp cloth. I think that was a mistake...then the topper which was made of gumpaste with a edible image glued on with coffee to give it the sepia tone started to fall apart. The whole cake was a nightmare! (The rose sprays were bought. Don't mind the messy kitchen, we were at a party and we had just finished supper. )

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 1:03am
post #227 of 422

After I finished laughing, not so much at the pics as all the coments you all have left, I can now post a pic.  It is not my worst.  But one really bad cake topper.

My niece told me it looked scary and I have to agree.

It was for my friends little girl and they loved it, so guess that's what matter's right!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 2:25am
post #228 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

I have seen a lot worse!

Thanks!  The worst part of it was the navy blue buttercream...never again.  Let's just say navy blue is not a good color...Thankfully it was for my husband.

lescrumptious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lescrumptious Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 4:51am
post #229 of 422

Okay, this is totally morbid I know.. my son's 9th birthday was coming up and I planned for months to try my luck at one of those r2d2 cakes, and like always I waited till the last few days to get organized. \then he tells me he no longer likes starwars and really digs Indiana Jones. My head was spinning. so i found a pic online that was of the monkey skull from Indiana jones and she had made it into a cake ,brains and all. I thought, ohh look if I screw up the jello will hide it. I made this cake in 2 hours... right before the party that is how prepared I was..

Anyways. when I brought the cake out some kids actually backed away and everyone was super quiet. and some of the kids lost their appetite and wouldn't eat it! Next year its going to be a happy cake ;)

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 4:59am
post #230 of 422

All my horrible cakes were done a LONG time ago, I will have to go looking for some to SCAN, they are that old... But this is fun!

auntginn Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 5:12am
post #231 of 422

lescrumptiuos, would have been better at halloween.  Sorry, I can't help it.  Not trying to be mean, the story is funny, the cake is really well done.  If I tried to make it in 2 hours it would not have come out so nice.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 5:12am
post #232 of 422

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3038459/width/200/height/400[/IMG] This was right after I decided I wanted to go to pastry school. Its fun fetti box mix made it pizza pans from my job. I didnt have any idea what to do, and had never iced a cake outside of the pan before. I didn't have enough strawberries so I ended up cutting them the other way. Boy is it an ugly cake, but it sure does hold a place close to my heart.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 5:20am
post #233 of 422

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3038460/width/200/height/400[/IMG] And this one is pretty bad too. This is back in the era where my family did not want me to waste cake and would not let me cut of the top.

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 6:04am
post #234 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

I think Tink fell in the bushes or disappeared herself with Pixie dist! lol. The elements of it are not bad. It is just too busy. But did the child love it and did it taste good?

Tink was to be put on after. Although I am sure she would have went straight to the bushes as soon as she saw the poor cake. Haha! You know what though, at that time I was so incredibly proud of that cake, the Mom and girl loved it and I learned a whole lot from it. What more could you ask for right. I would bet that in 5 years I will look back on the cakes I am doing now and say the same thing.

lklk123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lklk123 Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 6:57am
post #235 of 422

continues to be causing quite a stir recently, not least beacuse of the pink spotted CAMO editions recently seen on the feet of Sergio Aguero. Just for this super sleek presentation case PUMA have gone to boots stylish launch colourway and produced something that is visually striking.
When launching the evoSPEED 1.2 PUMA could have gone for that shock factor but lauched a boot that combined a normal look by modern twists. It is mirrored in the pentagon shaped, black presentation case with neon yellow perspex sides.
The lid from the case unfolds to reveal a mission statement with the boot which reads "evoSPEED players will be the fastest players around the pitch. Their acceleration is immense, plus the blink of the eye they'll be leveling the wing or bearing upon the goal, leaving defenders of their wake."
Below the mission statement we have a host expertise plus a diagram within the five key technological factors the evoSPEED 1.2 houses. The Griptext print, Microfiber upper, Everfit cage, stud configuration and speedtrack outsole are each outlined. Removing the boots reveals a diagram with the soleplate and holes for that studs to sit down in. Altogether a tidy, trendy package.www.mercurialkicks.com

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 4:25pm
post #236 of 422

The cake isn't so bad but check out those roses.  Looks like somebody sat on them.  I still can't make a pretty butter cream rose :(

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 4:38pm
post #237 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow 

The cake isn't so bad but check out those roses.  Looks like somebody sat on them.  I still can't make a pretty butter cream rose :(

Why d'ya think I did an outline of a rose for Mother's Day 2012, and edible images of roses for my mother's birthday cake this year? I haven't found the time to learn to pipe bad roses, let alone good roses.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 4:50pm
post #238 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Why d'ya think I did an outline of a rose for Mother's Day 2012, and edible images of roses for my mother's birthday cake this year? I haven't found the time to learn to pipe bad roses, let alone good roses.

James, you're too funny!    I have watched all the tutorials and methods that members on CC have provided - I even gave making them on a stick a go and watched it plop into the sink before the second row - lol   I just do better with gum paste

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 5:55pm
post #239 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by remnant3333 

James, I think the cake with yellow roses is pretty!!! You guys are too funny!!!

A damnsight better than I could do, and that was precisely my point.

auntginn Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 7:24pm
post #240 of 422

It took me 2 whole years to learn how to pipe roses.  Til then they were the same, flat.  I use to cry all the time. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%