Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash)

Decorating By ceshell Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm by Lizzybug78

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 7:34pm
post #332 of 423

A

Original message sent by savannahquinn

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3094485/] [/URL] Ok a bit blurry.   This was a lip gloss cakes that I layed 6 inch rounds side by side for rainbow inside.  I hated the ridges on the top - I wish I had recommended ganache instead of using buttercream..  My friend LOVED it, but it was not something I felt proud of.

That's really good!

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:04pm
post #333 of 423

I will say, though, that until I read that it was supposed to be a lipstick, I thought it was a giant Amoxicillin capsule.

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:23pm
post #334 of 423

A

Original message sent by hbquikcomjamesl

I will say, though, that until I read that it was supposed to be a lipstick, I thought it was a giant Amoxicillin capsule.

Loool!! Is that what they look like in the US? Ours are red and orange

kikiandkyle Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:45pm
post #335 of 423

AI thought it was supposed to be in the naughty cakes gallery which is why it was blurry!

luckylibra Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:48pm
post #336 of 423

This is a great thread....love all the great pictures...

Since everyone else is being brave.... here goes.. these are early cakes.. I am still no where near the level of the artists on here but I do think I have improved from these.. lol

First attempt at a topsy turvy.... had no idea about supports as evidenced by the next one as well

My poor daughter was the guinea pig for these. I like to think I made it up to her with the sweet 16 that was a year later

and last but certainly not least... this one was something I threw together for work when our office lost the bowling tourney the night before..... don't think this was making it better heeheee

savannahquinn Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 9:57pm
post #337 of 423

AOMG ok guys now I'm blushing !:D

taartenmaker Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 11:16pm
post #339 of 423

these were in my first year of cake decorating (2011) and they were horrible!!!!!!!!!

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 11:30pm
post #340 of 423

Hmm. The first topsy-turvy from "luckylibra" looks fine to me: any bulges and so forth just add to the crooked appearance. And I see nothing wrong with the Eiffel Tower cake or the bowling cake. Neither do I see anything wrong with the cakes from "taartenmaker"

kisamarie Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:03am
post #343 of 423

This was my first fondant cake ever, and it was a trial run for my baby shower, which they ended up getting someplace else, lol!

This was my test cake for my baby shower, I ended up getting an ordered cake because nobody wanted me standing on my feet for hours making my own cake.

What was I thinking!!! lol

JWinslow Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:27am
post #345 of 423

There are so many funny cakes in this thread but to date I have two favorites:  Norasmom's Santa and Auntginn's Kitty.  They still make me belly laugh :grin:

Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:42am
post #346 of 423

Norasmom's Santa wins hands down for me so far. It was quite a sight at my computer when I saw it yesterday. I have bronchitis at the moment and have almost lost my voice. It's hard being hysterical with laughter and have no sound coming out - just a strange wheezy noise! My 4yo asked what I was doing, lol!! 

sabrinassweets Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:53am
post #347 of 423

I'm a newbie, but oh my I have to jump in on this one.. I have some doozies lol...

This I made for my son's first birthday 8 years ago, I was going for a luau theme.. I cringe looking back on it.. gummy fish, fondant fail, short tiers, the list goes on haha...

I have more from when I first started, but that one cracks me up

sabrinassweets Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:10am
post #353 of 423

AOh believe me I am laughing with you at myself... It is HORRENDOUS haha... ;)

sabrinassweets Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:14am
post #354 of 423

Here is the cake I made for my son this year.. The difference in palm trees alone is crazy haha

Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:16am
post #355 of 423

:shock:

doramoreno62 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 9:27am
post #357 of 423

I didn't see norasmom's Santa cake. Can someone post it please? I just gotta see it now!

Jenny BakesAlot Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 11:17am
post #359 of 423

This was my first time on this thread.  I started from most recent and went backwards. I couldn't wait to get to the Santa cake everyone was talking about.  When I finally got there, I couldn't stop laughing!  Tears were rolling down my face!  I needed that so bad, a good belly laugh!  The cat was pretty funny too!  I am going to dig for my old cake photos now!  I have some pretty funny ones too!  :-D

Jenny BakesAlot Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 11:20am
post #360 of 423

Oh, wouldn't you know!  The cake was brought to the end of the thread.  Wasn't there as I was typing!  Wth?  Funny Santa!  Lol!  Love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%