Post Your Worst Cake!! (Cpntinued Since After The Crash)

Decorating By ceshell Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm by Lizzybug78

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:32pm
post #91 of 422

I just came across this thread...sure don't know how I missed it. I got one for you. This was my first try at a topsy cake. I had no clue! The very top layer broke, so it's missing that. I used dowels in the bottom but after putting it together I realized I forgot the board in between! Duh! The stupid thing began to sink over top the dowels! Later in the day I heard a noise in the kitchen...went out and realized the whole top half slid off and right onto the floor! Thankfully it was only practice....the cats sure loved it!! LOL
LL
LL

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #92 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee

I didn't make this one, but my sis did. After I took my Wilton classes she was inspired to try her hand at decorating as well, and so she played around with trying to make a Jack-O-Lantern cake for mom's work.

Well, she was going for scary and got it, but not in the way she intended...

This thread is halarious~! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif The russian and this jack-o-lantern are too funny for words.. You all are braver than I... I don't think I took any pictures of my cakes till I got over crying at looking at them...... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:03pm
post #93 of 422

I think the moral of the story with The Russian and Pumpkinhead are...Sisters of CCers should not be allowed anywhere near spray on food coloring icon_wink.gif

I have plenty of ugly cakes I've made in the past too, but no pictures of them. I now want to purposefully make an ugly cake! I think that would be fun! icon_biggrin.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #94 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee

I think the moral of the story with The Russian and Pumpkinhead are...Sisters of CCers should not be allowed anywhere near spray on food coloring icon_wink.gif

I have plenty of ugly cakes I've made in the past too, but no pictures of them. I now want to purposefully make an ugly cake! I think that would be fun! icon_biggrin.gif

I was just about to say the same thing! That was SOOO funny... Yay for a friend for the Russian! icon_lol.gif

kansaswolf Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:01pm
post #95 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Okay, another couple pictures from me! This one was a combined effort between my sister (who made the Russian cake) and myself four years ago for my little brother's birthday. She DESIGNED it, and I tried to decorate it. She wanted to try tiers. Like so many others, we didn't know about DOWELS or SEPERATOR PLATES... Nor did we know that you're supposed to ice each layer SEPARATELY. So we just stacked it, (with a thin layer of buttercream inbetween each layer) and then tried to ice it three different colors. HOWEVER, we'd mixed all the colors ahead of time, but didn't make enough of each one, and didn't want to make MORE icing. SO, as you can see with the first one, we just kind of smeared the leftover colors down the back/sides. So all the colors are kinda smeared together on the borders between layers AND in the back, LEANING badly, SO not smooth, storebought letters... Actually, about halfway through, we realized it was going to be BAD BAD BAD, so we didn't try too hard to make it smooth, because it was still gonna be hideous...

The letters actually USED to say "Happy Birthday", but we broke some, and just rearranged them, so now it says "Boy, I Had a party". We decided it looked like someone had had a "party" BEFORE the decorating phase... We laughed, little bro loved it, and we ate it all. Mmm.

You know what, the more I look at this, the more I realize that there's not enough Viva towels in the WORLD to save this thing... icon_lol.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #96 of 422

Lol...kansas...no viva paper or melvira method would save it!..But it has made this thread a very good one. Now were are the other uggly cakes people...I am sure there is more!

tonedna Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:15pm
post #97 of 422

Lol...kansas...no viva paper or melvira method would save it!..But it has made this thread a very good one. Now were are the other uggly cakes people...I am sure there is more! This cake I am posting might not be the uggliest cake. But...think about it..Looks like the bottle of pepto bismol threw up on it!...Might I add..it had a fountain underneath an pink flowers in between an top of all layers.
Talk about sweet 16 pepto cake! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna
LL

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:52am
post #98 of 422

Ok, my turn.

This is seriously my first cake ever. I have no idea why I volunteered to make a baby shower cake for a girl at work. To make the bow, I followed the directions on the back of the Wilton fondant box... probably my first mistake! That poor bow!! And I love how the foil and scotch taped cake board reflect the light onto the cake... so beautiful. How on earth did I have the courage to show up with this thing??

And it was shortly after that I discovered CC. Thank God for that!!
LL

kansaswolf Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:36am
post #99 of 422

Sorry, the poor bow made me giggle... Oh my, looks like most of my Christmas packages after my almost-two-year-old gets ahold of the bows! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #100 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Sorry, the poor bow made me giggle... Oh my, looks like most of my Christmas packages after my almost-two-year-old gets ahold of the bows! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:18am
post #101 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedout

OK, Here are 2 of mine.... the bad Barney was from a number of years ago when I was new at carving - poor Megan! Hope she wasn't afraid of him! icon_lol.gif

OKAAAAY! Barney just SCARES me!! icon_eek.gif

Is that blood on his hand? icon_confused.gif

And DaisyLisa17, your bow is so little and sad. It makes me want to cry. icon_cry.gif

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #102 of 422

Ok, here's my first attempt at buttercream roses, or should i say cabbages? This has to be the ugliest cake i've ever taken a picture of. i've done alot worse, but didn't have the heart to photograph them! it's so funny, though, i was so proud of myself and thought this was sooooo wonderful! unfortunately, my roses still look alot like cabbages. never could get the darn things to resemble flowers!
LL

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #103 of 422

Darn, I wish I still had the pic of my worst cake! I deleted all evidence of it's existence, so I cannot share the glory of it's hideousness with you all. icon_sad.gif It was supposed to be an underwater cake with little fish. The fish looked like the colored goldfish snacks, but only if they lived in a polluted pond. Oh it was terrible.

And YAY, cakemuggle is catching on!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:45am
post #104 of 422

Okay here is mine. But hey, at least I knew when to quit! icon_biggrin.gif How could you guys keep decorating those uhhh...ummm "cakes??" ? icon_lol.gif

I gave up on my first and only attempt at topsy turvy. It just sort of had an under-the-fondant earthquake or something and started sagging and cracking and bulging and Well, you can see. icon_eek.gif

And I made this masterpiece just a few months ago so I can't claim beginner's ignorance. icon_redface.gif It was supposed to be the topsy-turvy version of my cow cake. I started over and made it regular stacked. Here is the picture of the second (and thankfully much better) one. icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:55am
post #105 of 422

I was reading this thread with my husband and we both just busted out laughing over the Russian! Hillarious! It is definitely in 1st for me, but the jack-o-lantern is 2nd.

I too tried to follow the Wilton fondant bow instructions for my 1st fondant cake...it was also very sad looking. Unfortunately I can't find the picture.

Thanks for all the laughs icon_lol.gif

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #106 of 422

I love the pretty cow cake my daughter-n-law would have a fit over it..I think the russian has it hands down.

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #107 of 422

I can't believe I am posting this but I think the Russian needs a girlfriend. This is Dora the Mermaid that lived in the water where the refineries dumped there toxic waste and mutants were born. LOL! SCARY!
LL

tonedna Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:09am
post #108 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4starcakes

I can't believe I am posting this but I think the Russian needs a girlfriend. This is Dora the Mermaid that lived in the water where the refineries dumped there toxic waste and mutants were born. LOL! SCARY!

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_cry.gif Now I am scared...Is The russian went fishing for a mermaid! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:54am
post #109 of 422

Hahaha! I love this thread. I laughed so hard when I saw the Russian I had to go pee and stubbed my toe on the way and now I'm limping. All worth the laugh! Just thought he would be lonely so I gave him a girlfriend.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:16am
post #110 of 422

Dora looks a little like Jabba the Hut. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Emmerdoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmerdoo Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:19am
post #111 of 422

Ok, so we have Creepy Russian Guy in the lead, followed by Crackhead Barney with the somewhat Evil Pumpkin behind that. The only thing that would top that is if they had a cake that said "Boy I Had a Party".....oh...wait... they do have a cake like that.

So I guess the story goes like this: Crackhead Barney, Creepy Russian and Evil Pumpkin were going to have a party, but with none of them being cake decorators, they decided to have someone make them a cake and the cake said "Boy I Had a Party". Was "Mer-Thing Dora" going to be the "entertainment" or a guest at this little crazy train party? J/k guys. I think this is our little therapy forum for posting the pictures that make us want to curl up in the bed with a bowl of batter, watch Ace of Cake reruns and cry it out.

Happy Caking Ya'll
Em

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:29pm
post #112 of 422

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh man Em, your little story has me in tears!

amia1024, I was thinking the same thing! Dora and Jabba had a baby, and she became the Russian's girlfriend!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:53pm
post #113 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Dora looks a little like Jabba the Hut. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I didnt wanted to hurt the russians wife feelings but icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif ...OMG!!!
She does look Jabba the Hut! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kansaswolf Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:45pm
post #114 of 422

Oh wow... I don't think I've laughed so hard over a page of posts in a LOOOONG time! Dora the Hutt... The story of the party... HA!!! I'm glad my penchant for taking pictures of bad cakes has finally paid off! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:17pm
post #115 of 422

icon_redface.gif ok here is mine, i am SO EMBARRASSED....tried to freehand tinkerbell for my daughter's 4th birthday, everything turned out besides her face and hair... icon_cry.gif i got so discouraged that i just said hell with it with the flowers....i can't believe i'm posting this LOL. She looks like tinkerbell on drugs at age 40
LL

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm
post #116 of 422

You guys are killing me! Do you REALIZE how hard it is not to laugh out loud when I'm at work?! icon_lol.gif

when I started decorating, I kept a nice little album of all of my cakes and there are some really BAAAADDDD ones in there. There are 3 that come to mind that I would like to go back to these people and remake their cakes for them. Okay, I only made the cakes about 17 years ago so I'm sure I remember the cakes better than they do.

If I can ever find the album, maybe I'll put a little sunshine in someone elses day with my bad photos but I still don't think I can top the russian, or bad Barney, or Dora the Hutt. They kill me!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your less than stellar creations so we can all get a laugh. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #117 of 422

Got another one...

We've been potty training my son, but he refised to have a BM in the toilet. He loves cakes and always wants to taste the ones he sees me make (except that they are usually for other people), so I had promised him his very own cake if he would do a BM in the toilet. Well, he finally did -- right before bedtime.

So I rushed around throwing a cake together. I made a blue marbled French Vanilla. I made some Cookies 'N Cream filling from a batch of orange icing I had in the freezer -- looked like Halloween! I didn't have enough icing to frost it, so I grabbed some frozen icing plugs from previous cakes and tried to decorate a plain cake. Mostly I just wanted to hide the filling part. But the cake was still warm, so the side border kept falling off. He was standing next to me the whole time begging to eat it, so I finally just wrote on the top and stuck some candles in for him. Truly my worst looking cake yet -- but it tasted good! icon_smile.gif
LL

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:01am
post #118 of 422

OMG I am laughing so hard I cant breathe!!! My co-workers are looking at me like I have a 3rd head! Mer-Thing Dora, The Creepy Russian Guy, and Crackhead Barney are all my favorites! Keep up the good work!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #119 of 422

holy cr*p! I can't stop laughing!
I haven't laughed that hard in so long that I can't remember

while I don't think that I can 'beat' the Russian... I thought I'd add to the 'cow pile'

I made this for my DH on his birthday at my mom's house with her devil dog... seriously the dog is on mood modification meds!... I attempted to make a deal with the dog not to mess with my cake... frakin' dog took a bite out of my cake at 2 am!!! while it was cooling. icon_mad.gif no deal. so a round cake became a rectangle cake icon_mad.gif and I just eyeballed the size and well nothing seemed to line up and it started to slide apart, then when I came back in the morning it was a mess! I did have pretty chocolate tools to put on it, but it's a little like lipstick on a pig...

poor hubby. icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #120 of 422

OMG! I just found this thead... it's nearly midnight here and I'm CCing instead of sleeping, I just wanted to say that I am laughing so hard I might wake up the family! Love the comments girls, you crack me up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%