Post Your Worst Cake!! (Cpntinued Since After The Crash)

Decorating By ceshell Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm by Lizzybug78

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:18pm
post #121 of 422

I had actually turned off the computer after that last post, but then it hit me... my ugliest cake icon_eek.gif is one I made for my brother-in-law when I was just starting out making people. I had to search for a while to find out where I'd archived it on the computer, and then block out any naughty bits so that it was safe for this forum. Here it is... the ugliest pole dancers you have ever seen!! icon_biggrin.gif These girls are a nightmare. I thought that you might find the Russian hanging out at this bar on a Saturday night icon_lol.gif This of course was supposed to be based on one of Debbie Brown's fabulous naughty cakes, SORRY DEBBIE!!!
LL

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #122 of 422

Ho my good my belly hurts of laughter and my co-workers, think I am crazy, This just help me realize I can get to be a good decorator like all of you , right now this are pretty much my cakes, and I tought ,I was doing a good job, you know the cake mouggle thing, Sorry I don't have any pictures, My camara got stolen, and I had evrything in there.I just love this site.

ChristianCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianCakeBaker Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:47am
post #123 of 422

i love this thread. i'm sure i'll look back at all my cakes and say they are ugly. but since i'm just starting out... i think they look pretty good. LoL... i hope this thread is around when i actually start making stellar cakes.

Hawkette, i thought your cake was a hamburger. LOL....

everyone keep posting... it makes me feel better and gives me a good laugh
icon_biggrin.gif

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:17am
post #124 of 422
Quote:
Quote:

Hawkette, i thought your cake was a hamburger. LOL....

Hah! Now that I look at it, I think you're right. It makes a much better hamburger than celebration cake. icon_wink.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:58pm
post #125 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Okay, the donut tires got a good giggle out of me... I really like the use of Jolly ranchers for the lights, though, that actually looks cooler than it sounds!

But man, those tires would have to be COOKIN' to be going over 20 mph on a scale truck... icon_biggrin.gif

I'm at work at can't stop laughing at your comment and looking at that poor firetruck. OMG! I think my mascara is running!

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:05pm
post #126 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmerdoo

Ok, so we have Creepy Russian Guy in the lead, followed by Crackhead Barney with the somewhat Evil Pumpkin behind that. The only thing that would top that is if they had a cake that said "Boy I Had a Party".....oh...wait... they do have a cake like that.

So I guess the story goes like this: Crackhead Barney, Creepy Russian and Evil Pumpkin were going to have a party, but with none of them being cake decorators, they decided to have someone make them a cake and the cake said "Boy I Had a Party". Was "Mer-Thing Dora" going to be the "entertainment" or a guest at this little crazy train party? J/k guys. I think this is our little therapy forum for posting the pictures that make us want to curl up in the bed with a bowl of batter, watch Ace of Cake reruns and cry it out.

Happy Caking Ya'll
Em

OMG! I seriously cannot stop laughing to the point where you lose your breath. People at work are starting to come over to see if I am okay! icon_lol.gif

sweetepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetepie Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:30pm
post #127 of 422

I didn't have enough icing to frost it, so I grabbed some frozen icing plugs from previous cakes and tried to decorate a plain cake. Mostly I just wanted to hide the filling part. But the cake was still warm, so the side border kept falling off.

HAHAHAHA- i think tyler's poopy cake looks remarkably like a really yummi and messy cheeseburger!!!!! I would eat it! icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:00pm
post #128 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetepie

I didn't have enough icing to frost it, so I grabbed some frozen icing plugs from previous cakes and tried to decorate a plain cake. Mostly I just wanted to hide the filling part. But the cake was still warm, so the side border kept falling off.

HAHAHAHA- i think tyler's poopy cake looks remarkably like a really yummi and messy cheeseburger!!!!! I would eat it! icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

I looked at the pic before I read the post and I thought it was a cheese burger cake too!!

scrabblemomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrabblemomof1 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:01pm
post #129 of 422

1st time trying basketweave technique based on online instructions. I got tired of calling the local craft stores and waiting for Wilton's course 2 to start. I didn't make enough BC so matching the color with the 2nd batch was hard, That's why there's a gradual shading from dark to light.
LL

scrabblemomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrabblemomof1 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:09pm
post #130 of 422

The plan was to have a baby laying in a blanket. I realized I didn't achieve that look when my co-workers kept saying, "What the heck is that??" or "What is this surpose to be??"
LL

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 10:29pm
post #131 of 422

Most of my really BBBAAAADDD ones were lost in my computer crash but here's a couple I found:
LL
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:24am
post #132 of 422

I cannot believe that I have not been getting notifications for this thread...since APRIL!! Only just today did I have the pleasure of bursting out laughing at those sad little donut tires, and that terrifying Dora the Hutt! Baahaaahaa! I hope this thread keeps going and going; this thread and the original one (and also the Ugly Cake thread posted by Baking_Booth) will always be my all time favorite CC threads. And cupsncakes, I don't think those pole dancers are ugly at all!! Did you censor out the ugly parts?? icon_wink.gif

The haggard little Tinkerbell is cracking me up too, I can hear her raspy voice all the way from here.

PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 7:50am
post #133 of 422

OK - so here's mine....I am very ashamed of this cake...even felt bad taking money for it! Although the customer said she's happy - I was not!
It was supposed to be a mustang(Eleanor - the one from the movie), but after decorating it looked more like banged up, panelbeated Ford!
icon_redface.gif
LL

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 8:22am
post #134 of 422

This is the best thread ever. I have never laughed so much and the stories to go with the cakes are superb! I admire all you ladies for posting those cakes. I just simply would never take a photo and I can assure you that I have done plenty of bad ones in my time. Please keep them coming icon_smile.gif

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:02am
post #135 of 422

Here is my take on the Easter bunny theme...I KNOW everyone was scared of this one....

But, just to explain what happened - he was eating carrots by the ocean, very close to Dora the Mermaid - and I think the toxic waste leaked into the ground....that is just my opinion....any other suggestions on what happened to him? He is now known as Rottwailer rabbit breed...
LL

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:43pm
post #136 of 422

Well, I've noticed no one posted on this thread since I've uploaded my "bunny" picture up. I guess he really, really is very scary... icon_lol.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:19pm
post #137 of 422

I just saw your bunny.....as the pic came up the head was/is very cute but then the rest of him opened and I thought it was something.........uh elseicon_smile.gif
If it was just the head it's be perfecticon_smile.gif

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:41pm
post #138 of 422

This is a cake I was embarrassed to say I did.....I kept telling everyone my friend made it.............They loved it, and the girls loved it, but I did not.
LL

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:54pm
post #139 of 422

Oh I love this thread! I have got to find my "panther." It was the FIRST sculpted, fondant cake. IT is the ugliest thing you ever saw...I was SO proud of it too....How sad!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:26am
post #140 of 422

My friend told her 10 year old son he could design his own cake...and he decided he wanted a monkey on a toilet, and this was the best I could come up with. I detest toilet cakes...so this one makes me cringe every time I look at it icon_redface.gif
LL

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:59am
post #141 of 422

This really belongs on Cake Wrecks.
But I am not, in any way, a professional.
As you will see here...
LL

cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:24am
post #142 of 422

Okay,I know my cake is not that bad...but I was very diapointed in the way it came out... I seriously had a bad day that day,everything that could go wrong, went wrong.
Anywho here's my worst cake in my eyes...A BLOATED OBESE Not looking like ABBY CADABBY. icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif
LL

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:41am
post #143 of 422

Oh, how I needed this!!!!!!!!!! I need a better bladder to handle this forum! You guys ROCK!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 9:18am
post #144 of 422

i HATED my ugliest cake so much i didnt take a picture but it was a 10 inch round with white fondant and pink hearts with two big horrible hearts stuck on top with a really badly cut out 18 on it and her name on top too as i didnt have a board big enough to put it on the board. it was a train wreck and i learnt that i really just need to invest in cutters and boards of various sizes - lol!!

too_nice_to_slice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
too_nice_to_slice Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 4:02am
post #145 of 422

This was my mother-in-law's birthday cake. She loved it, but it so wasn't worth the amount of work I put into it. I don't like the shape at all and you can see where the fondant "sunk" and where the layers are. (Plus she requested german chocolate cake w/ coconut pecan icing... thumbsdown.gif )
LL

corrine025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrine025 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #146 of 422

OMG that russian cake is hilarious. I started laughing outloud and everyone in the room started staring at me! I have to say though that some of them arent that bad. I loved the one with the cow and the bunny was actually cute. If I could make a bunny that looked 3D like that I would be proud icon_smile.gif

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:42pm
post #147 of 422

This cake (if you can call it a cake) was made by my son for my birthday last year. You probably think it was made by a 5 year old, but he was actually 26 years old. He said it was my fault that it turned out the way it did, because I came home from work sooner than I told him I would.
LL

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:22pm
post #148 of 422

I also have my share of UGLY cakes, but did not have the courage of taking a pic. but my latest is this one. I was making a babyshower cake for my niece and on top of 2 tiered cake was supposed to be a dog, like the one on the invitation. I decided to make one from the Wilton Bear cake pan. I "carved" the ears to look like the dogs, and ended up with another mutant, dog/cat, that drank water from where Dora the mermaid drank, forget it, my sons cut the ears and started eating it, it was a practice dog/cat, we decided to make the cute bear in diapers on top of the cake. is in my pics.
LL
LL

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:46pm
post #149 of 422

Found another one! BTW, that Abbycadabby looks great to me, all that detail! icon_wink.gif I whish I could make one like that one. Well, I have to make a Bratz cake for my neighbor it was last minute order and could not find some plastic Bratz, eventhough I don't like to use plastic things. I decided to take the order and make it out of fondant and hand paint it. Look, I think she started crying when she found out that Russian man was Dora the Mermaid's boyfriend! icon_biggrin.gif I was so tired, it was late at night and look at her make up icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I had to decapitate her!! and made another head and attached it. The final product was not that bad but it took me forever to finish. The neighbor chose the colors. not me.
LL
LL
LL

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:29am
post #150 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

LOL, bwonderful I think Chewbacca is still in there! The original thread is intact up to Oct 13 and I know Chewie was posted looong before that. That bear cake was in the old thread too, but I think Chewbacca trumped him. You just have to dig in to find him (trust me it's worth it!)

You all are seriously posting some frightful cakes. Beachcakes I'm so glad you reposted that Born Free ship, I totally thought of that cake when I was pondering which gems got lost in the crash!!

Gee I'm flattered that you ladies are still discussing my wonderfully hideous Chewbacca...I guess he should be put into the hall of fame as the worlds ugliest cake. Well for those of you haven't seen him, here he is again in all his glory icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%