Post Your Worst Cake!! (Cpntinued Since After The Crash)

Decorating By ceshell Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm by Lizzybug78

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:37am
post #1 of 422

Hi everyone, in case you haven't noticed, every time someone posts to an old thread that was affected by the crash (i.e. it existed before the crash but also had posts since Oct 2007), the new post gets buried amongst the corrupted pages. If someone posts a new message to the thread, you get an email message notification, but then you can't find the new post. Heath recommended that rather than try to continue to post on threads that have corrupt data, we should just start new threads.

SO I thought it might be a good time to start the Part II / Continued version of the Post your WORST cake!! thread.

Here is a link to the original thread, 80 glorious pages of some very proud moments which most of us are...um...not exactly so proud of!! http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18850&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
If you posted after Oct 13 you're toast (excepting one post from Oct 27).

So please, add your previously posted (after Oct 13) or newly discovered ugly cakes HERE to this thread, but for anyone new to the topic, please go back to the old thread and enjoy the splendor of some of Cake Central's most humorous attempts at bonafide cake decorating icon_lol.gif.

Note that if you dig into that old thread, pages 1-80 are intact and it APPEARS that there is a p. 81-82...but those are actually "no post exists" pages and you won't get anywhere by clicking on them. If you post into that old thread it is sooo hard to find the new posts, so please post here instead!

421 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:40am
post #2 of 422

lol..i havent seen this podt before..i need to dig the frankencakes!..
Edna
icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 422

I am back!..I have no idea what this bride was smoking but she was very specific on the design of this cake..UHM!...I am ashamed to say I did it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I had to..no choice!
Oh well...I lived! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna
icon_biggrin.gif
LL

ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:00am
post #4 of 422

OK, wait, did you look thru the pics on the other thread?? This does not qualify, it's too darned pretty!! icon_lol.gif. Come on, I know your cakes are gorgeous, but you can do worse than that can't you??!! icon_twisted.gif ROTFL!!

Seriously, I'm kidding. I don't think this cake umm...suits my tastes too well either. but they are soo lucky they had YOU make it, it's gorgeous in spite of itself. Well maybe except that orange border icon_confused.gif

p.s. "frankencakes" -- that's awesome!

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:01am
post #5 of 422

I made this cake in a fondant class I was taking. Yeah I know, I need more classes. LOL
Australian crimping??? Is that what you call those craters in the fondant? LOL

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:13am
post #6 of 422

Ok, now my file is to big for it to post. LOL can someone help this dummy out? I need to make the file smaller??? Has anyone else had this problem??

auntsteff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsteff Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:26am
post #7 of 422

I made the Barbie/Princess cake for my 5 year old niece's birthday. See it in my photos, b/c the file is too large to put here.

My grandmother took Wilton Method classes in the early 1980's, and I learned basic stuff from her. When I made this cake, I hadn't made one in probably 15 years.

Just to set the scene, I work over night, 12 hour shifts. I baked the cake before I went to work, and decorated it when I got home. The cake looked good enough for a family birthday party for my niece, but I would never have taken it out for anyone else to see. (BC not very smooth, uneven bodice on the Barbie, etc) Then, I went to take a nap....

When I woke up, that is what I found. The other adults (my mother, sister, s-i-l, brother, my father and stepmother, LOTS of adults to watch 3 children under the age of 10) did not realize that the girls were in the kitchen eating the icing & flowers from the cake. At least everyone liked the cake!

ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:47am
post #8 of 422

I've seen lots of people post this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ to get their pictures to the correct size. I have no experience for it but I know it's worked wonders for others. icon_smile.gif

ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:59am
post #9 of 422

OK just to be fair since I restarted this thread, I figure I'd upload my worst cake again. This was from before I even realized I wanted to try to decorate cakes. Actually I'll humiliate myself with both cakes from the same day, I can't decide which one is worse. The bear was my DD's smash cake, and the round cake was...brace yourself...meant for the adults. Gaah! The smash cake was so ugly my DD was actually afraid of it! If you look closely you can see how I haphazardly applied sprinkles to it in an attempt to imply "fur".

The cake in my avatar is what I came up with the following year. Bit of an improvement, eh??!
LL

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:08am
post #10 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

OK, wait, did you look thru the pics on the other thread?? This does not qualify, it's too darned pretty!! icon_lol.gif. Come on, I know your cakes are gorgeous, but you can do worse than that can't you??!! icon_twisted.gif ROTFL!!

Seriously, I'm kidding. I don't think this cake umm...suits my tastes too well either. but they are soo lucky they had YOU make it, it's gorgeous in spite of itself. Well maybe except that orange border icon_confused.gif

p.s. "frankencakes" -- that's awesome!

lol ceshell..i can try and find my first cake but you might kill me..lol it wasnt too bad!..by the way ....cute bear!!! tapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:08am
post #11 of 422

I'll repost too, since the other thread went wonky...

I just HAD to post this cake. My sister is the one who actually did it, but she's okay with posting the picture online...

My sister was living with me last summer, which happens to be when my birthday is. She got some cake stuff from my mom, which included my favorite icing: coconut pecan... However, my sister doesn't like that icing, so she thought, "I'll just put that on HALF the chocolate cake, and put some white icing on the rest!" After getting that done, she thought it needed a little something, and found my food coloring sprays... So, using a toothpick and my red and orange spray, she made what we dubbed "The Creepy Russian Guy"...
LL

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:09am
post #12 of 422

Here goes My worst Cake....I was soo dissapointed, I had such a great idea, i had petals around the cake to make it look like a giant flouresent sunflower, my fondant was ripped and separate, the worst part is on the other side. Man I wanted to cry, I had such a good vision for this cake and was soo excited, then as I was making it and things started going wrong, I started to get upset.

Eh Cant have all your cakes come out good all the time when you are first starting out. All the talent on here keeps me motivated!!!!
LL

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:10am
post #13 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

I'll repost too, since the other thread went wonky...

I just HAD to post this cake. My sister is the one who actually did it, but she's okay with posting the picture online...

My sister was living with me last summer, which happens to be when my birthday is. She got some cake stuff from my mom, which included my favorite icing: coconut pecan... However, my sister doesn't like that icing, so she thought, "I'll just put that on HALF the chocolate cake, and put some white icing on the rest!" After getting that done, she thought it needed a little something, and found my food coloring sprays... So, using a toothpick and my red and orange spray, she made what we dubbed "The Creepy Russian Guy"...

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif And we have a winner... I am sorry kansas but darnnnnnnnn!..thats so ugly... I am laughing so hard it hurts!.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna

ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:47am
post #14 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif And we have a winner... I am sorry kansas but darnnnnnnnn!..thats so ugly... I am laughing so hard it hurts!.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna

OMG Edna is so correct! Dear me, that is one scary cake. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

The good news is that it's now been given a new life, spreading joy to cake lovers everywhere. No wonder he's smiling!

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:57am
post #15 of 422

lol...I LOVE this thread! icon_smile.gif

my worst cake was not too long ago..I made it for a pregnant friend who was on bed rest and was craving chocolate!! IT was supposed to be a replica of DEbbie Browns Baby in a Pram cake...and I was bound and determined to make this super super soft fondant work...well after trying about 50 times...I gave up, left it flipped over and put the baby on top.....

it ended up looking like the "Queen of the Rippled Cellulite!" thankfulyl she didnt care and it tasted really good...just looked ghastly icon_smile.gif

(i posted this before the crash and decided to replay it..lolicon_smile.gif
LL

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:25am
post #16 of 422

lol..ceshell..I think the Russian needs a Ribbon for first place!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:12pm
post #17 of 422

Thanks for re-starting this thread ceshell! I'm the one who resurrected the post recently from November and didn't realize it was gone. I just thought no one had any awful cakes! icon_smile.gif I'll repost my tugboat cake that I recently found a photo of! You can see what CC has done for me! icon_smile.gif

This was for the christening of my parents' new boat in 2002. There was a ceremony and a party for 75 people in July in 90* weather with no AC in the restaurant. (This is actually the Good Picture! icon_lol.gif ) Anyway, having decorated my sons cakes (Wilton pans - star method) for a few years, I decided I was a real pro and I'd make a 3D replica of them on their boat! What was I thinking? I had never heard of leveling a cake before ( or smoothing for that matter!!) and support? what's that?? The unproportional wheelhouse was made of candy melts and just stuck on top of the cake. (It later melted and the weight of the wheelhouse sliced right through the cake) The marzipan people (never heard of fondant) had orange skin and also melted. All of the accessories except the swedish fish, are from the craft store. The scary part is that even then, I thought this cake was the most amazing cake creation ever! When I found this picture a couple of weeks ago, I nearly died! 75 people saw this cake!!! icon_cry.gif

kansaswolf Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:16pm
post #18 of 422

Well, uh, the unlevel cake looks like...waves! Yeah! You MEANT to do that, right? icon_biggrin.gif

And sorry, the wheelhouse made me laugh... It's HUGE! Yay for improvement, though! It's nice to know where we came from!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:45pm
post #19 of 422

I figured I'd repost my least favorite (and worst!!!) cake here. This was my first attempt at fondant. I made it from scratch and my grandparents got ill so my mom decided to freeze it to withstand the long month interlude before we could reschedule the celebration. Needless to say, freezing fondant is not a good idea and I had no idea what to do to it to make it more pliable. Therefore, it resulted in ripped fondant and big gaping holes. The snowflakes (out of RI) kept breaking so ended up making some out of sucker molds. The thing holding the snowflakes is made out of sugar. Possibly my most favorite thing about this cake. Thanks for looking (and enjoying a laugh or grimace).
LL

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:49pm
post #20 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Well, uh, the unlevel cake looks like...waves! Yeah! You MEANT to do that, right? icon_biggrin.gif

And sorry, the wheelhouse made me laugh... It's HUGE! Yay for improvement, though! It's nice to know where we came from!

icon_lol.gif Yes, I uh...MEANT to do that! Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket! icon_smile.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:14pm
post #21 of 422

Without a doubt, that "RUSSIAN" cake is the most hideous thing I think I've ever seen. And Edna, as much as I think your cake is executed well...yeah, um, just a bit tacky. That bride needs to lay off the pipe fo' sho.

This isn't my worse, because I can't get my scanner to work for me and the really bad ones are pre-digital camera. I have two portfolios, one that I show and one I use to, but now I keep it hidden away for my own reflection. If I can get the scanner cooperate I'll post another. But this is one I DEFINITELY am not too proud of. It was a black and gold fleur di lis theme, but this is a HORRIBLE cutter. It looks more like airplanes in a dog fight or something.
LL

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:43pm
post #22 of 422

Lol sarah I thought they were birds!...Too funny..Yet the finish is flawless..Russian still winning!..

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:49pm
post #23 of 422

Ok..so I have another one...this cake is a fondant cake that the people didnt wanted to have in fondant so they ask for it in buttercream!... icon_cry.gif
the colors...omg!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif ...is just so tacky..not proud of this cake either icon_redface.gif
Did I say it was for a wedding!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif
LL

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:55pm
post #24 of 422

kansaswolf
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!! Thanks for posting!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:58pm
post #25 of 422

WOW... icon_cool.gif I need my sunglasses as not to be blinded by that one edna...

Okay here's two more of mine I HATE... One looks like a confetti factory threw up on it and the other was in my early fondant days. The green fondant kept ripping and I was under a time constraint. I wanted to do the "drapes down the cake" and so I just did it this way to conceal the rips. It looks like a ugly green rose volcano.
LL
LL

kansaswolf Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:02pm
post #26 of 422

Looks like they got the colors from the Russian cake... icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:10pm
post #27 of 422

icon_lol.gif that's too funny kansas..

Ok Sarah...now you brought a good one..I does look like a Volcano!..icon_lol.gif... I can't stop laughing..
But the cake with the 40..is not that uggly..icon_biggrin.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:05pm
post #28 of 422

I can't believe we lost chewbacca! But I think the bear cake will take his place. I about died when you said your dd was afraid of it!!

Plus the fluer de lis looking like birds is pretty good too.

I'll look for pictures of my worst cake but I think I might have hid it somewhere really special.....

ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 10:17pm
post #29 of 422

LOL, bwonderful I think Chewbacca is still in there! The original thread is intact up to Oct 13 and I know Chewie was posted looong before that. That bear cake was in the old thread too, but I think Chewbacca trumped him. You just have to dig in to find him (trust me it's worth it!)

You all are seriously posting some frightful cakes. Beachcakes I'm so glad you reposted that Born Free ship, I totally thought of that cake when I was pondering which gems got lost in the crash!!

tonedna Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:19am
post #30 of 422

hahaha...chewbaca....OMG...i am dying now. No wonder DD was scared of it! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%