Antonia74 Royal Icing Question

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 11:35am by CranberryClo

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 7

Can this be used to make flowers or is it just for icing cookies? Sorry if this is a stupid question icon_redface.gif

6 replies
agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 7

there's no such thing as a stupid question. yes you can use royal icing to pipe roses and other flowers. its basically the same technique as piping them with buttercream they just dry very hard.
hth

disneynutbsv Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks its just that I have lesson 3 from course 2 tomorrow and I needed royal icing for flowers. I made Antonia74's icing for cookies today and its a different recipe than the Wilton one so I wanted to make sure it would do the same thingicon_smile.gif
Thank you again!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:53am
post #4 of 7

if you're taking the Wilton course use their recipe because if you don't and your flowers don't turn out you will never know if it's the icing or the techniques.

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:46am
post #5 of 7

I hope this isnt too late... I tried using this icing to pipe flowers and it didn't hold the shapes of the petals, even in stiff consistency. I had also asked on a forum a while ago..and figured I'd try it out... they all ended up looking like blobs... yummy but still blobs... It's great on cookies though for outling and flooding.

HTH,

Kim

disneynutbsv Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 11:09am
post #6 of 7

Ok, great thanks, I have class this morning, I'll be making up two batches. I'm glad I checked this morning!

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 11:35am
post #7 of 7

I use Antonia's icing all the time for RI flowers. If it isn't thick enough, sift in more PS and off you go! I never have to add more, but that's the solution for any RI that is too thin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%