Remember This From The 70's?

Decorating By CNCS Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 2:25am by kakeladi

CNCS  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 12

I sure do. I made it several times. I dont remember which magazine I cut the instructions for the bunny cake from, it was one of Mom's magazines. 1974-75

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Entertaining/HolidaysEvents/EasterCenter/EasterGuide.htm?smid=1002636

11 replies
 onebigdogmama  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 12

I just looked at a picture today of that cake I did for my second sons 1st birthday--20 years ago! LOL. Easter happened to fall on his birthday. I had to laugh and say those were my early cake days. LOL
I also did the santa one that pillsbury put out.

lionladydi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 12

Yes, I certainly do. I would swear it was earlier than the 70's but maybe not. I seem to remember making it when I was still in high school. Sometimes I wish I had just stuck with knowing that much about cake decorating. icon_lol.gif I really don't know a whole lot more now, though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

Win  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 12

My mom made it for my brother's "Easter" birthday in about 1969... it was his second birthday...

Starkie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 12

That's funny! As soon as I read your post, I knew what I was going to see when I clicked on the link. My mother used to make that cake every year for Easter! I thought she had come up with that idea all on her own, until I saw it in a magazine once!

samimax  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samimax Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 12

My mom STILL makes this cake- every year! Even after we were adults, before there were grandkids! (but, then, she still gets us Easter baskets, too!)

cupcakers  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 12

I knew to just what I was going to see when I clicked on the link boy it brings back some good old memories my mom and I would make it every Easter. icon_lol.gif

lionladydi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by samimax

My mom STILL makes this cake- every year! Even after we were adults, before there were grandkids! (but, then, she still gets us Easter baskets, too!)

My mom fixed me Easter baskets long after I became an adult and I did the same for my kids until there got to be too many grandkids. Now I just make a big dish to set out with everyone's candy in it.

I'd make this cake now but none of mine will eat the coconut!!!

Diane

JulieB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:39am
post #9 of 12

I love that cake, it's as much a staple as the Christmas Tree in December. I do it a little nicer these days, stars instead of coconut, but it's still two circles, with one cut in three pieces. It brings back such memories, how could I ever not do it?

beachcakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 12

This was the first cake my cousin & I made when we were 8! i was just thinking about this the other day!! icon_smile.gif

msmeg  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:28pm
post #11 of 12

That was one of my first fancy cakes I was in 5th grade so it would have been 66 but I think my grandma taught me and did it when we were little in the 50's

always a cute choice

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:25am
post #12 of 12

The was (is?) a booklet put put by a coconut co with many cut-up & shaped cakes sprinkled w/coconut. I no longer have a copy but didicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%