Remember This From The 70's?

Decorating By CNCS Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 2:25am by kakeladi

CNCS Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 12

I sure do. I made it several times. I dont remember which magazine I cut the instructions for the bunny cake from, it was one of Mom's magazines. 1974-75

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Entertaining/HolidaysEvents/EasterCenter/EasterGuide.htm?smid=1002636

11 replies
onebigdogmama Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 12

I just looked at a picture today of that cake I did for my second sons 1st birthday--20 years ago! LOL. Easter happened to fall on his birthday. I had to laugh and say those were my early cake days. LOL
I also did the santa one that pillsbury put out.

lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 12

Yes, I certainly do. I would swear it was earlier than the 70's but maybe not. I seem to remember making it when I was still in high school. Sometimes I wish I had just stuck with knowing that much about cake decorating. icon_lol.gif I really don't know a whole lot more now, though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

Win Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 12

My mom made it for my brother's "Easter" birthday in about 1969... it was his second birthday...

Starkie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 12

That's funny! As soon as I read your post, I knew what I was going to see when I clicked on the link. My mother used to make that cake every year for Easter! I thought she had come up with that idea all on her own, until I saw it in a magazine once!

samimax Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 12

My mom STILL makes this cake- every year! Even after we were adults, before there were grandkids! (but, then, she still gets us Easter baskets, too!)

cupcakers Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 12

I knew to just what I was going to see when I clicked on the link boy it brings back some good old memories my mom and I would make it every Easter. icon_lol.gif

lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by samimax

My mom STILL makes this cake- every year! Even after we were adults, before there were grandkids! (but, then, she still gets us Easter baskets, too!)

My mom fixed me Easter baskets long after I became an adult and I did the same for my kids until there got to be too many grandkids. Now I just make a big dish to set out with everyone's candy in it.

I'd make this cake now but none of mine will eat the coconut!!!

Diane

JulieB Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:39am
post #9 of 12

I love that cake, it's as much a staple as the Christmas Tree in December. I do it a little nicer these days, stars instead of coconut, but it's still two circles, with one cut in three pieces. It brings back such memories, how could I ever not do it?

beachcakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 12

This was the first cake my cousin & I made when we were 8! i was just thinking about this the other day!! icon_smile.gif

msmeg Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:28pm
post #11 of 12

That was one of my first fancy cakes I was in 5th grade so it would have been 66 but I think my grandma taught me and did it when we were little in the 50's

always a cute choice

kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:25am
post #12 of 12

The was (is?) a booklet put put by a coconut co with many cut-up & shaped cakes sprinkled w/coconut. I no longer have a copy but didicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%