Wafer Paper ?

Decorating By MacsMom Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 10:40pm by Linliv46

MacsMom Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sure the answer to this is "no", but is wafer paper the same as edible image paper?

Do you prefer one over the other or do they both have completely different uses?

Do you have photos of your cakes or cookies where you used either of them?

5 replies
sasporella Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, in my photos on the breakdance cake i used wafer paper for the graffitti on the walls and on the card cupcakes i used edible icing sheets that i put onto some thicker fondant. If i had a choice i would choose the icing sheet as i had problems with getting the wafer paper to stick. Wafer paper is an edible paper. Edible image sheets are a very thin layer of icing. Hope this helps.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 6

I'm assuming that by edible image paper you mean frosting sheets. Frosting sheets are more expensive, but blend nicely into the frosting. If you are printing photos, you definitely want to use the frosting sheets.

Wafer paper is much more thick and coarse. Wafer paper does not blend as nicely into the cake's frosting. It also does not pride as sharp of an image as the frosting sheets do. I use wafer paper for graphics on cookies and cakes where the color and sharpness don't have to be an exact match.

The cakes in my gallery are all with frosting sheets, except the MLK cake that my kids did. That's wafer paper.

Linliv46 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 6

I have only used the frosting sheets too but I would like to know about making butterflies out of the wafer paper. I recall seeing it on here a long time ago but don't remember where: anyone familiar with this?

rezzygirl Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 6

The instructions for the butterflies are in the article section on the home page. Here is the direct link :

Linliv46 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you soo much! That is exactly what I had in mind! One of those "senior" moments! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%