Mmf Has A Small "bits" In It

Baking By jr33176 Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 8:07pm by loretta530

jr33176 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give MMF a try since it would be less expensive. I tried a recipe I found on the site (don't remember now which one) and it seemed to come together great. But, the next day, when I went to roll it out and use it, I found it had lots of little hard bits in it. Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks!

6 replies
tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 7

I am wondering if it was completely seal..If it got some air maybe it just started drying...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 7

Did you sift your powdered sugar first? I always sift mine (even though it's a pain) so that it's not too chunky. Did you knead the h*ll out of it? Did you use a bit of Crisco while you were kneading and then coat the top in Crisco before wrapping it up?

I don't think it was mixed completely. I could be wrong.......

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

Edna, I just checked out your website. Your work is amazing and you're a total cutie! thumbs_up.gif

stacylambert Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 7

I never had that problem when I used the 2 lb. bags of sugar but when I bought a 25 lb bag I got the little hard chunks. It's definitely a sifting issue. This time when I got the big bag I went through and sifted it all then put it in 2 and 5 lb bags.

tonedna Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber0717

Edna, I just checked out your website. Your work is amazing and you're a total cutie! thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gif thanks Amber!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

loretta530 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 7

I need your help, too.
I've been trying Rhonda's Ultimate MMF receipt that I got from this website for several times. I always got some crumbs in. I did follow every steps as receipt said. I even stiff my sugar three times. I add all liquids together after I stir the microwaved marshmallows. ....Pls HELP

icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%