How Do You Manage Your Two Jobs?

Decorating By surfergina Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:45pm by moreCakePlz

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 3

Hello there, fellow CCers! It's been several months since I was here. There's so much going on with my life then. I want to ask you about how do you handle two jobs (one is full-time regular job and other one is cake decorating job).

I have been able to decorate cakes and cookies for family and friends without any problem. One thing that I have NOT experience is to decorate a wedding cake, mainly because I'm not available on Saturday, due to working for post office (that's why you guys get mails on Saturday icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif )

I have thought about my husband to set up wedding cakes for me on Saturday, but heck, he's not good at all with the set-up, touch-up, and all that stuff you normally do. I don't mind doing wedding cake on Saturday, as long as it's after 3pm. I know most wedding cake must be ready sooner, so I'm like I have no choice (I hope not).

I would love to start doing wedding cakes. Any advices?

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 3

train your husband or a friend to do the deliveries. When i have a saturday wedding that falls when i have to work, if i can't use a vacation day (i really don't like to use my vacation time like this, but get enough that i can do it once in a while) i have every thing ready to go, the cake is stacked and boxed and my teenage son will do the delivery, he has been on many deliveries and really does a decent job. If i can i will deliver the night before, but try to avoid this as so much can happen to a cake once its out of your hands.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 3

Just do cakes for weddings that take place on Friday and Saturday evenings or Sunday during the day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%