Bridal Shower Cake For Son's Teacher

Decorating By Melan Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 1:33pm by Melan

Melan Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a bridal shower cake for my son's teacher. We are having a suprise breakfast for her at the school, with the teachers and students in his class. I want to make a cake, but this will be for breakfast so I am not even sure how many people would want to eat it that early. I'm stumped on how to decorate it. I want it to be 2 tier rounds, maybe 8 and 6 inches. I need to keep the cost down to a minimum. I do know that her wedding cake will have real daisies on it. I recently did a cake with small daisies made of fondant. That may be an option for me, I want it to be appropriate for a bridal shower. The cake below is the one I did recently. I thought if I change the color of ribbon to a color she likes and did the centers of the daisies a color to match then that would work. I have Wilton's daisy cutters so I have other sizes. See what you think and if it would be appropriate for a bridal shower. She is a wonderful teacher so I don't want to skimp on the cake, but I also can't go past my means to make her a cake. Thanks for the help!!

Well, it wouldn't let me attach. The cake pic is under my pictures. It's named Pink Daisy (white w/ pink ribbon and fondant daisies) Thanks!

2 replies
CreamPuffGal Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 3

Dear Melan,

Your cake is absolutely gorgeous, and I think your idea of selecting the accent colors for ribbon and daisy center is great! What woman wouldn't love a shower cake like that!!

My only concern, as you mentioned, is that it is "heavy" (not in taste, but in style) for a morning shower. Another idea might be to make a bunch of daisy-decorated cupcakes and place them on a stand or stands, depending on how many you need. Don't know if that will cost more than your budget, but it just feels like somethiing "lighter" for a morning menu. That way they can also take them with them to their classrooms for a snack later in the day as well.

However, I'd hate if if you didn't make that gorgeous cake!! The teacher will certainly be touched by your effort, no matter what you bake. Let us know what you wind up doing.

Cheers,
CPG

Melan Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 3

I do like the idea of cupcakes since they could be taken to their class for later in the day. The other moms want me to do a cake though.... Maybe I could suggest the cake being cut at lunch time and just use it as a centerpiece for the breakfast? Her favorite color is green and she loves daisies... I think a recreation of my pink daisy cake will be perfect. Thanks for the help! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%