Can You Use Ready Made Cheesecake Filling For Cake Balls?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 9:59pm by imartsy

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

So I've seen that ready-made cheesecake filling in the stores (watch now I won't be able to find it...) and I've wondered about using it for cake balls. Basically, I'm a little lazy and don't want to make cream cheese icing, but I wanted to make some pineapple supreme & red velvet cake balls (from cake mixes) and the only thing I can think of that would be good with those combos is some kind of cream cheesiness... icon_smile.gif

So has anyone tried that stuff in any way? Do you think that would work?

5 replies
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 6

hmm anyone?

sasporella Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for posting this question I have been wondering the very same thing. Also wondered if it could be used as the filling in a cake.

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 6

well no answers yet - but I bought some and man is it yummy straight out of the tub (had to taste-test first!). I'm going to mix it with some strawberry cake balls and dip them in white chocolate... we'll see how it goes!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 6

I haven't used it for cakeballs but I did use it to stuff some strawberries last year and dip in choc. Good Stuff!!

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 6

The answer is oh yes you can use it in cakeballs and it is yummy!

i don't know about a filling only b/c it might not be very stable.... it might be slippery... but if someone tries it, let the rest of us know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%