Can You Use Ready Made Cheesecake Filling For Cake Balls?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 9:59pm by imartsy

imartsy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

So I've seen that ready-made cheesecake filling in the stores (watch now I won't be able to find it...) and I've wondered about using it for cake balls. Basically, I'm a little lazy and don't want to make cream cheese icing, but I wanted to make some pineapple supreme & red velvet cake balls (from cake mixes) and the only thing I can think of that would be good with those combos is some kind of cream cheesiness... icon_smile.gif

So has anyone tried that stuff in any way? Do you think that would work?

5 replies
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 6

hmm anyone?

sasporella  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for posting this question I have been wondering the very same thing. Also wondered if it could be used as the filling in a cake.

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 6

well no answers yet - but I bought some and man is it yummy straight out of the tub (had to taste-test first!). I'm going to mix it with some strawberry cake balls and dip them in white chocolate... we'll see how it goes!

NEWTODECORATING  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 6

I haven't used it for cakeballs but I did use it to stuff some strawberries last year and dip in choc. Good Stuff!!

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 6

The answer is oh yes you can use it in cakeballs and it is yummy!

i don't know about a filling only b/c it might not be very stable.... it might be slippery... but if someone tries it, let the rest of us know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%