Did I Figure This Right?

Decorating By delicious_designs7 Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm by lardbutt

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 8

A customer provided the photo below to give me an idea of what she wanted for her daughter's wedding cake. She needs 70 servings for her cake. This particular cake looks to me that it may be a lot more servings than 70.

Am I correct to say that I would need a 6", 8", and 10" (4" layer) for this to have 74 servings? What sizes does the photo appear to have? I am afraid that downsizing the servings on this cake would not give the overall appearance that it does in the photo. Is there any other way to get close to 70 servings to receive this appearance?

THANK YOU!!

--Jamie
LL

7 replies
delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 8

????

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 8

First, I don't think you're going to want just a 2-inch difference between tier sizes. That won't leave enough room for the petals. And, IMO, it makes the cake look even smaller. 6-9-12 will give you 76 servings. You won't lose any of the effect.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with DianeLM--75-80 servings--saving the top for the anniversary.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 8

To me, I think that the cake looks like there is a 4 inch difference between sizes. The top tier looks fairly large. I would think that it is a 16, 12, 8 as shown in the picture.

It also looks to me that they are a torted 3" layer, not 2-4" layers. That would make approximatly 86 servings. I think that you could do this in any size combination, it just wouldn't be exactly like the picture.

But that is just how it looks to me.

Stephanie

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 8

This cake looks like a 12", 10" and 8" to me. The tiers don't look very tall? My cakes are usually 4" tall on each tier and these look like 3"? It could be the photo angle though. I use the Wilton Party servings so the 12" and the 10" would give 78 servings and the top for the Bride and Groom.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 8

I am making a cake for tomorrow and I have these same size tiers and the wedding cut servings are 100! So, if the guests want more than the standard size serving the pieces can be cut larger.

It's a very pretty cake!

Amy

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 8

Couldn't you use a dummy for something?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%