I Used Toba Garett's Glaze

Baking By TheButterWench Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 8:44am by Honeydukes

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:13am
post #1 of 5

and I loved the finish it gave my cookies, I brushed it on with a pastry brush.

I also added some Wilton white to the glaze to make it less sheer and now I can take my edible pens and decorate the cookies!

Fast and easy and I didn't have to waste any fondant.

It was almost as easy as the fondant cut out method!

4 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:30am
post #2 of 5

Great news! Have to try it!!!

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:04am
post #3 of 5

I am thinking about trying this recipe out this week for a 50-cookie order. Does this glaze work the same as royal icing? Do you apply it with a bag and tip? Thanks for your help!

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:45am
post #4 of 5

I tried this recipe one time and it does taste really good except I couldn't decorate for anything with it, to thin and even added more powder sugar and still didn't work quite well..I'd like to know the secrets how you all did!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:44am
post #5 of 5

ButterWench, I love it, too! And I too, prefer to use a brush. It is so much easier. I have to really work at flooding. I can never get my outlines smooth. I'm working on it, though!

trixieleigh, you can outline and flood with it. Check out kneadacookie's gallery. icon_eek.gif She does amazing work with this glace. It's not exactly like royal, although it does dry hard; just not as hard.

Karabear1125, to thin it just add more liquid -- water or milk whichever you are using.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%