Eureka (For Me Anyway)!

Decorating By Lindakbh Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm by lauramw71

Lindakbh Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:14am
post #1 of 3

Maybe others have already done this but itâs new to me so thought I would share. I just recently got Sugarshackâs DVD and love love love it. I was trying her technique on a four-tier cake last night and discovered (at 2:00 AM) that I didnât have enough icing made.

I only had one pound of powdered sugar and really didnât want to trek out for more. I also had some leftover icing from an earlier batch that had developed air holes (perhaps because I use generic hi-ratio shorting). I donât have any smaller mixer than my KitchenAid, so didnât have a way of beating it while having the icing cover the beaters. So I made a small batch in the KitchenAid until it was mixed well. Then I put the leftover icing and the new icing in my food processor (also a KitchenAid), since it easily covered the blades. I let it run for a few minutes.

It worked beautifully! It came out smooth and satiny. I think Iâll use the processor when I have leftover icing from now on! I canât wait to try it in the mini bowl the next time I need to color a small batch.

2 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 3

Necessity is the mother of invention! Thanks for sharing!

lauramw71 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 3

Some of the best "recipes" are found by accident!!! Thanks for the tip!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%