Canon Ip3500 Edible Image Printer $60 Free Shipping, No Tax

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 4 Oct 2013 , 4:32am by azelan

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 73

Due to the tragic loss of the original thread I posted listing a great deal on an edible image printer, I am creating a new one for anyone who wants to get in on this deal.

Here's an excellent printer for edible images, and it's only 60 bucks with no tax and free shipping! Canon IP3500 Printer

Here is the link to the correct ink tanks from Kopykake for $50: IP42 Diamond Series Edible Ink Cartridges for Canon IP3500 Printer

Here's the link to the frosting sheets: Frosting Sheets!

I recommend this starter pack of various shapes and sizes: Pack of 24 Assorted Frosting Sheets

Information that you need on affixing the microchips on your new edible ink cartridges: Info Sheet for Canon printers which require Microchips on the print cartridges

Enjoy! icon_smile.gif

Sherri

72 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:53am
post #2 of 73

Ohhh Sherri!!! I would SOOO love a edible image machine but I am afraid I don't know what all I need to order....can you make my list out??? LOL PLEASE

I'd love to have a pm from you!!!

Thank you Sherri!!!

(I'd really like to use it for placques and such icon_wink.gif )

Christi

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:11am
post #3 of 73

Thank you for reposting this and all your info. I would love to hear from those that have purchased and used this printer. I need to know if everyone is happy with it. I want one SO bad!!!

please share your thoughts on the printer if you have used it! thanks a ton!

ginger

Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 73

LOL, Christi...send me your credit card info and I'll have a SWEET system delivered to your door in no time!! icon_lol.gif

Just click the links and you'll have the three things you need: printer, inks, and frosting sheets. Done deal! icon_biggrin.gif

Sherri

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 73

Thanks for reposting!...Give us the info!!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 73

Ohhhh, you guys can't see the links?? I guess because you guys haven't clicked the links, they're the same color as the rest of the text. ???

I provided direct links to everything mentioned in the first post: to the printer, to the inks for that printer, to the frosting sheets, and to the document about the microchips. Sorry, I can't go back and edit my post to label the links - just run your mouse over the text and you should see the links!

Sherri

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 73

Duh!...is there!....lol...Thanks Cakepro
Edna

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 73

I have visited Amazon numerous times and most of the "reasonable" and edible image usable Canon's are not available, including the IP6000D. The site says they are out of stock! BooHoo!!!

Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:36pm
post #9 of 73

Well, you can't get much more reasonable than a 60 dollar Canon IP3500 photo printer, which is definitely still in stock at Amazon. icon_smile.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 73

Thanks! I'm gonna order this tonight!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:06pm
post #11 of 73

Thanks to the original thread, I am the new owner of an edible printing system! My hubby connected everything last night, I was even able to change the "chip" from the real ink to the edible ink tank. It was VERY easy. (If I can do it, anyone can! lol) Just when I was ready to give it a go however, we realized that our computer , which is old, was running on Windows 98, and that is NOT compatible with the brand new printer! icon_eek.gif So...dear ol' hubby
was up until 1:00 am finding "drivers" (I don't even know what that means!)
and "reconfiguring "things" and now my computer WILL recognize the new printer! HOORAY!!!! So, I'm going to bake a batch of cookies, and then try out the new printer with some edible image! I will take a pic when I'm done, and post it here, so you can all see! I'm off to the kitchen....

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 73

I just got the Canon IP3500 too. I love it, I bought it at Staples 79.98 plus tax in PA 4.80 total $84.78 with a $30.00 rebate, total cost to me $54.78. They are hard to find in the stores now. This was the last one in that store and I check about 10 other places.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:41pm
post #13 of 73

I got one off of the last post. I have only used it once, but it was easy and so much fun to do. I love it.

Thanks again for the heads up on that deal . icon_wink.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:42pm
post #14 of 73

Well, I get to tell again how much I love my printer and edible images. I have done cookies and 2 cake images and both turned out wonderful! I just love doing the cookies. The hardest thing about hooking it up too me was the chip thing but once I did one the rest were easy. Also when you get all your cartridges in the red lights will come on in front of each. Oh and I found out Sams will sell the rectangle sheets if anyone is interested in that! Few cents cheaper than the internet and save the postage if you can use that size. I used that size for my cookies. Hope this helps !
Linda

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:30pm
post #15 of 73

Okay, you ladies have me torn. I have just enough money to buy the printer, sheets and colors. But, I was saving up for an airbrush. Which do you recommend more? I really want both icon_wink.gif

Or is there somewhere I can go and get them printed off and just pay for it?

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:42pm
post #16 of 73

I also bought the printer from the last thread but have not had a chance to use it yet as I am in the process of moving to sunny Florida but cannot wait to play with it..Im glad everyone has good things to say about it because a friend had me scared about it not being all that I am expecting...So glad to hear you all love it!!!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:35pm
post #17 of 73

Well, no edible images tonight for me! icon_cry.gif hubby got everything hooked up correctly, the printer works just fine (we tested it on a piece of plain paper first), but when we used the software program at the kopykake site, we got as far as PRINT, then we got an error message that said the printer was NOT installed! what the heck!!! hubby tried several times, went back, made sure the printer was installed (it's the ONLY printer on the computer) but NOTHING!
Those of you that have used your printer and it actually printed your image,
did you use the software that you can download at the KopyKake site, or did you do it another way? I am going to call tech support at KopyKake tomorrow, but DARN IT I wanted to see that image tonight!!!! I'll keep all of you posted as to my happens tomorrow.

Linliv46 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:57pm
post #18 of 73

Joanne, mine did the same thing and I called the tech support because I tried it a doz times. They had me to delete the KoptK softwear and re-install it and it worked! Hope it work for you too!
Linda

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:12am
post #19 of 73

Is the software compatible with Windows Vista? I find that some software is not yet configured to it, and am not computer savvy enough to re-configure stuff.

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:21am
post #20 of 73

saving

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:21am
post #21 of 73

Thanks Sherri! Great info!

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:17pm
post #22 of 73

I bought mine off the previous post and I love it. Just be careful if you buy the ink from Kopykake and make sure they send you the right black cartridge. Several of us received the smaller black one, but it's supposed to be the big one.

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:31pm
post #23 of 73

I got mine, because of the last thread, and I thank you so much cakepro! My husband set everything up for me, because I am technology illiterate icon_lol.gif , and it worked great! mklor, I could not tell you which one to get between this and an airbrush. I use an airbrush on almost every cake I make, but I will show you the cake where I used both! (I use the airbrush mostly because I am too lazy to mix icing colors!!)

Christie
LL

Linliv46 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:13am
post #24 of 73

Well I just have to show everyone my edible image cookies I did today! Was soo easy I didn't put any icing under the image just a little piping gel brushed on. This is the 2 inch circle we got in the frosting package! I just love the way they turned out!
Linda
LL

PixieSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixieSweets Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:57pm
post #25 of 73

The cookies look great. I think you guys have inspired me to take the plunge and purchase the printer.

I'm SO excited!! I can't wait!!

Cakepro Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:02pm
post #26 of 73

Oh my stars, you both did such wonderful work!!

Congrats on your new toys! LOL

Sherri

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:18pm
post #27 of 73

Must have! Thank you for reposting!

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:18pm
post #28 of 73

Is this the only one model (IP3500) that can works with the kopykake inks.?

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:32pm
post #29 of 73

Love those cookies Linliv 46. I purchased mine but haven't used it yet. ok, ready to take the plunge.

idali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idali Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:34pm
post #30 of 73

Thank you so much for re-posting this.

IC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%