Please Send Positive Energy My Way - I Just Found Out . Long

Decorating By ANicole Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:29am by MegWinn

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:42am
post #1 of 60

I'm pregnant!

icon_surprised.gif

Honestly, this is insanity. I have 2 kids. My son is 2 1/2. My daughter is turning 1 in 2 weeks! I haven't told most of my family yet. This totally wasn't planned. My first two were. And I had just seen the doctor like 3 days ago and convinced him to tie my tubes - which I was in the midst of getting the green light from the insurance company - when I was like..hm........ I'm two days late......hm.................. Well - then I found out via HPT last night.

I will definitely need lots of support during these 9 months if you all can try to keep me reassured and positive about this whole thing - I already love all of you, but I would love you even more! icon_smile.gif

Not to sound like I am taking a blessing for granted... I am looking at it like this - it was meant to be. This little person is meant to be part of our family. That's all there is to it. And you can't argue with destiny! I do already love my baby and I'm sure he or she will be an awesome addition to the family. It's so strange that last time I got pregnant I was taking a Wilton class and I had to miss the final class because the smell of buttercream sickened me so badly. I have thought of that so many times since then whenever I see one of the CC members with the pregnancy ticker at the bottom of the screen I wonder how they can be around the buttercream all the time without puking...... Well - guess what?! I'm going to be one of those people! And strangely, I just started a class last Thursday! icon_surprised.gif

Anyway, with just starting out my bakery, JUST getting my son potty trained about a month or so ago and JUST ABOUT to get my daughter off formula - I didn't even have a chance to do the happy dance yet at reaching these milestones and here I am ... getting ready to start all over again! AHHH I have mixed emotions... I can't help it. That's why I'm venting to you guys.. I just wanted some encouragement maybe from someone whose been in my shoes with starting a business and all...... Nothing will stop me - I'm hell bent on giving this thing a try (the bakery). I am someone who was born to be a mother, though. I've wanted kids my whole life. And I'm very blessed. They bring me so much joy I couldn't live without them. I can't even be without them for a few hours without missing them like crazy! So I guess it's going to be tough for a little while longer, but once they all get older, it will probably get a little easier.

Ok - so ... if you read through all of this and you're still with me - post a reply and tell me not to worry, okay?!!!!

59 replies
lisa78332 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:50am
post #2 of 60

icon_lol.gif You already sound exhausted!!! But hang in there, it's all worth it in the end. I only have one daughter and she's 18. While my baking business is finally kicking off. Made my first wedding cake today!! I'm taking three college classes this semester, work full time, wife, mom and oh yeah, my daughter graduates this semester from high school. So while I don't have other kids, except for the ones that hang out at my house with my daughter and also call me mom, I can somewhat relate!! Like I said, hang in there!!! thumbs_up.gif

thecreativeone4 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 60

I feel for ya girl! I have four at home. My youngest is four... just counting down those days until he starts kindergarten....icon_smile.gif

Look at it this way, just one more little angel to lick the beaters for ya!

Good luck and congrats...and don't worry, cake does keep!...and you'll find the time to fit in everything that you want to do!

Molly2 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 60

Don't Worry and congrats it will all work out God never gives us anything that we can't handle I'm happy for you I have only one child but as I get older I look back and wish I'd had more your very lucky I hope your have a Healthy Happy Baby I always think of the people who can't have any and want a baby you are very lucky your going to have three

Congrats
Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 60

Creativeone4 - that made me smile! I think it's really going to be okay. I'm just kind of in shock. No one ever told me how babies were made! (just kidding...)

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 60

Molly, I think of that too. I definitely know I'm blessed. I'm just really having mixed emotions about all of it. In the end, it will be great! The next 9 months of being uncomfortable is really the part I'm dreading the most honestly!

jack109 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:57am
post #7 of 60

Wow, I am jealous! With a 21 year old daughter whom lives on her own and is a junior in college and an 18 year old son graduating from high school this May, my house is kinda empty. I see all the little ones running in the mall and think, hmmm another one would have been nice. So count your blessings, ask for help, but most of all savor every moment. Even the tough ones!

Best wishes!

marysgobaa Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:57am
post #8 of 60

Awww, congratulations!!! Don't worry, everything will be fine. =)

servingzero Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:58am
post #9 of 60

*sending tons of positive energy!!!*
I only have one child (so far) and I know the heartache of leaving him to 'cake' (it's a verb for me now) for a few hours, but leaving the actual house to do so... first of all congrats on the bakery (and being ABLE to leave the house!) secondly, congrats on the to-be-new-addition, you'll be torn for awhile about everything. Hello, it's so wonderful that we women seem to get all that 'back-and'forth, weighing this-and-that' emotions -- HAH! Everything will work out for you, I'm certain of that. Fate always has a plan, and while things may seem sketchy right now, it will be fine. Rely on the support system you have to help you through any doubts, and be certain that you are a fien business-woman, and will help you family in the long run by continuing to live your dream! Show your babies that a happy family can be attained with working parents that love what they do. Good for you! icon_smile.gif

JoJoMick Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:00am
post #10 of 60

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt
Did you catch that? That's positive energy and thoughts coming your way!!! You are right if you believe this has happened for a reason...this little person will be a blessing for your entire family for sure. Hang in there and pray for strength and guidance to follow your dreams and/or do what's best for your family (one might be different---or they may both be the same!) Take care and keep us posted on what happens!

JEM530 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:02am
post #11 of 60

Congratulations & Good luck! I hope that the buttercream doesn't get to you this time.

Molly2 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:08am
post #12 of 60

I know 9 months does seem long but the rest of your life is what to look forward to and after reading your story it seems as though you should have a lot to be excited about and you will always have 3 on your side I come from a family of 3 myself and two brothers and let me tell you we had our ups and downs but no one better mess with us and as for my parents now that they are older I don't think my parents would have had it any other way I am the oldest the youngest was 10 yrs young then myself and with your babies being so close the can grow up together which is even better they'll always have each other and they are very lucky because their mom can make whatever kind of birthday cake they want
Your are Blessed and So Are They

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

Brujalita Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:09am
post #13 of 60

You will be OK - just exhausted! I can relate somewhat to your situation. My son was 9 yrs old when I remarried at 37 yrs old. My new husband had never been married and didn't have any children so we thought we'd have at least 1 child. He was born 10 days before my 40th b-day. Because of the 12 yrs between the 2 ages of the kids, we didn't want each one to grow up an "only" child so we were considering having one more. When the baby was around 1, we started considering another baby. Some days, I wanted one more, other days I couldn't even consider it. My "bad" days were when the baby acted more in his terrible twos than other days. I was exhausted (I was 41 yrs old) and just when I had decided that my two "only" children would be just fine, we found out I was pregnant. Needless to say, my third son is my "buggy boo", the third light of my life. Lucky for me, his temperament is much mellower than that of his older brother. icon_razz.gif I'm still exhausted but watching the two younger boys interact and "converse" is the highlight of my day. Now if I can only get them to stop fighting over the same empty box of cereal.... icon_lol.gif

Hang in there and if you have people you can ask for help, enlist them now! Take care of yourself and your family and everything else will work out.

Liz

Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:16am
post #14 of 60

Congrats on the new baby!

My kids are 14, 15, and 16 years old now. When they were babies and toddlers, it was an exhausting amount of work, but I was a stay at home mom and that was my job. Now that they're older, I am sad there aren't more little ones around!

You have been greatly blessed. Put your children first and everything will fall into place as it should.

You can do it!!! icon_smile.gif

Hugs,
Sherri

ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:16am
post #15 of 60

You guys are totally making me feel better. I knew you would. I'm over here chuckling to myself. Well... I better go to bed. I'm EXHAUSTED.... MUST ----- PRY --------- MYSELF ------- AWAY ------- FROM ------ CC! It's hard, but here I go........................ Good night!

all4cake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:25am
post #16 of 60

Congratulations!

When you find yourself sickened by the smell of buttercream, make gumpaste flowers, or people, or critters or .....

Wiltonlady Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:28am
post #17 of 60

CONGRATULATIONS.

I realize that right now it seems overwhelming but, for some reason, time flies even when we're not having fun.

God bless you and your little family.

amytracy1981 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:29am
post #18 of 60

Awww!! Congartulations!
I just love babies. I have 3 kids, 6 year old boy, 4 year old girl, 2 year old boy. After our 3rd my husband got "fixed". He tells me all the time he is glad he did becuase I would be begging him to have more if he werent. It's true I just love babies, but I don't think I could handle any more kids.
3 is a great number! Congratulations on your 3rd.
We were thinking about having just two, but I talked my husband into having our third. I am so glad we did, he is such a joy!

indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:40am
post #19 of 60

Sounds like you should stop taking Wilton classes! You end up pregnant when you sign up for one! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can't imagine having them so close (I have 3 and there are 7 years between each of them) so I admire you!

I met a woman over 25 years ago who said something to me that I'll always remember: Babies are always good news. You may not like the circumstances under which they are born, but babies are ALWAYS good news.

So you may not be looking forward to another year of sleepless nights and diapers/formula, but congratulations on your good news!!!! God must love you very much to bless you with 3 right away! thumbs_up.gif

mommycakediva Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:57am
post #20 of 60

I really believe that we only are given what we can handle! I hope all is well and things go great for you! If you need to chat I'm here! My sister has been a huge help in letting me know how strong people can be when they need to, she had a baby girl Kylee on may 3/06, she died at 25 days old! Not long after, actually almost a year later her baby boy Dimitry was born on may 25/08. Babies are a true blessing, and I wouldn't trade being a mommy for the world!

kansaswolf Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:59am
post #21 of 60

Congrats! I'm having my third baby in August, so I can kind of relate! (this one wasn't planned like the other two, and I'm also starting a cake business!) I have a 3 year old, an 18 month old, and new little GIRL! I'm sure things will work out, though they may get rough some days! Just remember where your priorities lie, and everything will work out. Sometimes snuggle time is more important than cakes... icon_biggrin.gif Good luck with all the little ones and your new business!

chefcindy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:01am
post #22 of 60

Yeah... a bonus baby!!!
I was one of those! And my 3rd son (16 months after #2 son) was an early bonus baby. He was planned, but not REALLY only 8 months after giving birth!
So, sending blessings and prayers for good rest and much energy! My life is forever blessed with my 3 boys, I am thankful everyday (even through the millions of diaper changes)!

auntginn Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:09am
post #23 of 60

Awww, I'm encouraged and I'm not even pregnant! hehe, how wonderful for you. Its normal to have mixed emotions at this point. Your body is going to go thru several changes in the next few months, I'm sure you know this and along with them so will your emotions.

Anyway, we're all here for you and when you need some one to lean on (or vent) just call on us.

I only had one child but God in all his goodness has blessed me with a huge extended family. Tonight we were all together and I couldn't say enough how we enjoyed each others company. There were so many babies crying at one time and yet I even enjoyed that. This may not be the time you were looking for but soon you will be enjoying them as well. hang in there.

mmo88 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:12am
post #24 of 60

Congratulations! Look at it this way, it will be hard work but you will raise them three at the same time. Want to talk about shock? A month before my daughter turned twelve (also have a son who was eight at the time) I started feeling sick, I was working at a bank and there was a stomach virus going around. I started having nauseas and thought I had the virus so, I went to the doctor and to my surprise I was pregnant! I had to start all over again, but you know what, it was wonderful!
Just relax and everything will be ok!

dragonfli Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:27am
post #25 of 60

no one ever told me how babys were made either!!! HAHA My hubby and I have 4 beautiful girls , only 6 years apart for oldest to youngest. There was a time when we had 3 in diapers at once. As they get older I miss the baby days and would love to have another! We were VERY young when are girls were born but everything always worked out and it will for you!
Just know you and your family are blessed!!

BEST WISHES!!!!

JoanneK Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:44am
post #26 of 60

Well as a mommy you already know how fast they start to grow up. So that means in no time you will have 6 extra hands at the bakery with you and with no cost to you icon_biggrin.gif

I think it's great to have children that are close in age. Just think how they will all be able to play together, share clothes, toys and while it may be harder for you it's many extra smiles, hugs, kisses and love that you get to have all your life.

Be happy!

Hey guys, we are going to all be CC aunt's and uncles!!!!!

triplet Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:53am
post #27 of 60

Hey I know how it is to feel over wheem but I have 3 boy's they are triplets and about to be 8years old and a 3 year old daughter. It is a shocker when you don't plan them but you always get through it. Just let us know if you are needing to talk causr there are alot of us that know how you feel. I am taking the Wilton Classes so that I can get better at making the cakes. My kid's really weren't plan but it is always said that you are not given more than you can handle. And let me tell you there are times I would just like to say the heck with it but I have the best of friends and family and a husband that has been there for me with evening. It all will be ok just take it slow and one day at a time.

fondantfrenzy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:08am
post #28 of 60

Hi,

You know, I have a 4, 3, and 2 year old, their birthdays are within 1 week of each other. So basically all three of my kids are about one year apart exactly. At least you are ahead at starting to potty train your son.

I also work full time, so I feel your pain. With the last pregnancy, mine was also unplanned and I was 2 months pregnant before I found out. And boy was it a big surprise, we had just bought a house, and I though my period was lighter becusae of the stress. My husband was no help, there were problems with the house it was a horrible winter and rained way more than usual, I remember waking up 7 months pregnant with all the power out, it storming outside and when i went downstairs with the two kids (while husband was sound asleep of course) my feet was sloshing around in water. Then for work i had to do a software implementation and I was up for 18 hours straight, didnt even get a thank you from work. A week later I got pnemonia! Oh and before that I expereienced my first migrane ever! Thought i was dying. Let me tell you, everyday, I would ask myself, how am i going to make it.

Everyone would always tell me, you dont notice the difference between 2 kids and three...well they lied, you do!!! I am not going to lie to you, its not easy....and there are times, my head feels like its going to explode, actually ALOT, but then all you have to do is have one of those little migits say..mommy i love you, or mommy your my best friend, or mommy i missed you so much today, and let me tell you it makes it all worth it. And let me tell you, My husband is no help, he actually makes it harder. Makes more of a mess, contributes to the spreading of illness from one kid to another, like letting them share spoons cups, etc. But, every day I wake up it is for those three little kids. And you know my third one is a little spitfire. She is soo smart, she is only two and the other day we were at the restraunt and she goes, HEY LADY, I am done! so that the waitress can take her plate, how embarassing, but it was soo funny cuz her personality is soo funny. And let me tell you during the whole pregnancy as I was going through all these miserable times, and thinking how ami going to take care of three kids and a lazy husband all by myself, and wishing you were not having this kid and how hard its going to be, I look bak and say ...man and I had some doubt of wanting this kid. And yes even now I think we have too many kids, becusae at times it feels like there is not enough of my attention to give. But somehow it all works out. Believe me, you wil be fine. ALways remember, the only thing your children really need is to feel loved.!!!!!!

Good Luck, If you ever want to talk or complain or get advice or whatever, please feel free to PM me. I am here for your!!!

milissasmom Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:27am
post #29 of 60

You know...God sends out angels every single day and he entrusts us to bring them into this world! We are so blessed to be mommys under ANY circumstances....God loves you so much to allow you to carry yet Another one of his angels!!!!!! How lucky you are!!!

edith123 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:39am
post #30 of 60

first of all congratulations! thumbs_up.gif a baby it's always a blessing God it's giving you a beautiful gift, i have 3 kids,but i lost one back n 97 i had a miscarriage and not a day goes by that i don't wish that i could have had that baby, i losted on my bathroom in my house and i got to hold it on my hands and it was so tiny! and believe me when i tell you that as I'm writing this i'm soaking my couch with my tears and i would never be able to get that image off my head. so thank God for the beautiful gift you are getting and i will keep you in my prayers.(sorry i got to sentimental and carried away) best wishes.

EDITH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%