"kitchen" Theme Bridal Shower Cake..?

Decorating By CharmingConfections Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 6:09pm by beachcakes

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:36am
post #1 of 10

I've been asked to do a cake for a "Kitchen" themed bridal shower. Basically people have been asked to give Kitchen themed gifts. The gal who ordered was no help, she doesn't even have colors picked for decorations, no idea at all what kind of cake let alone a look... just "kitchen themed" is all she said, followed by "I trust you"/
AHHH!!! Help.
THe only idea I have so far that would be cute would be doing a gift box cake with the lid open and a rolling pin, spatula and oven mitt sticking out.
ANy other ideas? Is the gift box idea any good?

Thanks!

9 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 10

That sounds like a cute idea! What if you were to mold little fondant items, like the oven mitt, boxes of cereal or flour or sugar, rolling pin, apron, etc and use those as a border?

Or what if you made a sheet cake and put a fondant apron over it, sort of like the cakes that have christening gowns on them, and add an oven mitt to that?

Or shape the whole cake like an apron? That'd be cute.

Deanna

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 10

or a counter top,tiled...complete with sink (carve out two squares either iced smoothly or covered in fondant)and faucet...canisters....a cookbook...utensils...a towel..apron

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 10

dish drainer with some dishes in it...

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:33am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for the ideas...keep them coming!!! icon_wink.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 10

Could do a cake to look like a stove top with a frying pan on it, with the words "Out of the frying pan and into the fire" icon_lol.gif j/k

I like your ideas of the gift box, I think that would be a very cute cake. I also love TooMuchCake's ideas on the little molds and using them as borders.

Good luck and keep us posted on want you come up with.
God Bless,
Sharon

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 10

How about several cakes in the shape of kitchen canisters. Maybe some really cool vintage style. Here's an example.
LL

jterrill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jterrill Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:17am
post #9 of 10

Those are all great ideas! I was thinking of a baking oven/stove top with a miniature bowl of frosting, a decorated cake and rolling pin or a little apple pie with apples around.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 10

Argh! Someone here did one a few years back that was two tier with either fondant or choc. transfers of kitchen accessories on it. It looked kind of retro and had a stand mixer, whisk, etc. I cannot for the life of me, find it or remember who it was!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%