Topic Notices-Why Am I Getting Them

Decorating By lionladydi Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 9:54am by lionladydi

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

Why am I getting topic notices in my email but when I click on them to view, it says "No posts exist for this topic"? I see the topic on the front page but when I click on it I get the same message. I'm going to croak if I don't find out the end of the saga on the golf cake crashing. icon_lol.gif

Diane

5 replies
SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:44am
post #2 of 6

I am guessing because the server crashed and a lot of info was lost icon_confused.gif Not really sure, just a guess.I still see some of my posts listed but when I click them nothing is there icon_cry.gif

lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:19am
post #3 of 6

I just can't figure out why I keep getting emails that something has been posted on that thread. Maybe all the quirks will get worked out soon. I just have to know how that story ends. icon_lol.gif

Diane

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:10am
post #4 of 6

For some reason, you are still able to get into some threads. I kept getting the same email you did on the crashing cake. If you click on page 4 of the topic, you CAN get into the thread and get to SOME of the responses. They are horribly out of order and most are missing, but people are able to respond. If you try to go past page 4 it gives you the old "no topic there" message.

We are going to have to start a new thread for the bdrider cake saga, though, so none of us miss anything!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:08am
post #5 of 6

I just posted about this to Heath on the Technical Support forum - check it out to get some of his responses http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-579157.html

I agree with 4Gifts4Lisa, sometimes if you can locate the original thread and go thru the pages one-by-one, you can find where the new posts have been tacked on after the last UNLOST post - case in point, the Post Your WORST Cake thread. Two people have posted since 3/14. I got the notifications but of course the link led me to "no post exists". However when I went thru the thread itself starting from page 1 I was able to figure out that those two posts landed on page 80 of the topic...however pages 81-82 were lost and I guess somehow the link in the email notification linked me to the end of the thread, which is toast. Did that make any sense??

lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:54am
post #6 of 6

Clear as mud.......... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I understand what you are saying but who wants to go through 46 pages to find the new posts. I wish bdrider would start a new thread about it. Shame that the site had to crash and lose all the forums. I'm sure they will get it straightened out one of these days.

Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%