What's For Supper--New

Lounge By mkolmar Updated 27 May 2011 , 1:11am by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:08am
post #181 of 1314

Hi everyone! I see we've all been busy lately since none of us has been eating icon_lol.gif

Last night was ricotta and spinach stuffed shells covered in marinara sauce and a thin layer of cheese with veggies. Tonight was left overs.

I had a job interview for substitute teaching at a vocational school for culinary arts. The school is for teens and adults who are up to 23 years old and have not graduated yet. It's where they learn a skilled trade to take out into the work force. I won't know for a few weeks anything though so it's a waiting game. If it's meant to be, it will happen, if not - then it won't. I'm not too concerned right now.

Kay-Your DH is starving because of the hospital food icon_lol.gif Just kidding, it's a good thing his appetite is back.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:12am
post #182 of 1314

Well Not alot to tell about Mike really. His O2 level was at 98 great and his x-ray looked good. But doc said I don't really want you to go back there yet. And even suggested he QUIT. What the@$#&
There are now at least 20 people affected by this. And the company is hiring another company to test the air and to do other testing of things in the plant. I think they are finally finding out is serious. So for know he is off work AND DRIVING ME INSANE. Do anyone need yard work done I will lone him out you pay gas and he is there LOL Our 2 big tree roots are now gone because of him not because our landlord did it GGGGRRRR

Tomorrow I think I am going to get him a fishing license and drop him out to the lake for a few hours LOL

So for supper I made BBQ country style ribs, potaoe salad, alfrado noodle, peas, and green beans. And for dessert a experiment from a few days ago. I made WASC and put Raspberry Limon (Ithink that is what it was called I threw the jar away) from Tastfully Simple in it with white choc chips. Mike totally loves it. And he is making up for lost time. With eating and everything else LOL

I am glad he is healthy. But dang he is driving me CRAZY LOL

mkolmar Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:20am
post #183 of 1314

Oh Kay, I have lots of outdoor work that needs to get done icon_lol.gif but my advice is to leave him there and you come visit instead.

Dinner tonight was BBQ chicken pizza and then we had a surprise 30th b-day party for my friend to go to tonight. (I made the cakes for her)
Anyways, I didn't eat the cake but opted to have a strawberry margarita, Mikes lemonade and 2 key lime-coconut margaritas. I hardly ever drink so this was more than enough for me, but the stress of the week is over (does that count icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif )

kaychristensen Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:24am
post #184 of 1314

Tonight I made beer can chicken for the first time on my new gas grill. Jord and his girlfriend LOVED it. Kirstie (Jords girlfriend) Said I needed to teach her mom how to cook LOL And with it baked potaoes. I also made some hotdogs for Mike. Since he had a few to many beers while rearranging the garage for the hundreth time LOL And wouldn't be able to stay awake till the chicken was done LOL..

So now in the oven I am trying a concoction. I am making a snickers cake. My own recipe I am trying to perfect. It is smelling YUMMY

Oh and if you can't tell from the above. MIKE is STILL DRIVING ME INSANE.. I love him but GGGGAAAAHHHH Melissa I am about ready to take you up on the offer. Only thing is I will be flying solo at work the week. Boss is on vacation. So it is all me I hope I don't get a ton of orders....

Ok the smell of the cake is driving me crazy. I better go so how it is doing LOL and maybe eat some LOL

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:33am
post #185 of 1314

Hi everyone =- big hugs to all!!!

mkolmar - thanks for the lovely comments about the course cakes - lol so much fun!!!
Good luck with the job interview / application, your attitude is right, if it is meant to be it will be!! but will still hold thumbs and keep you in thoughts and prayers!
I still want to go look at that cake your dh did - and happy anniversary - sorry i missed saying it earlier!!!

Kay - Hi, so glad mike is doing well, fwhere does he work??? that is strange and glad he isnt going back for a while - hope they find out what is going on there soon!!!! Better that he is home - lol sorry he is driving you nuts - lol fishing sounds like a good idea - lol or rope him in to do your cakes - lol like mkolmars dh - if not why not - lol
I agree with mkolmar - leave him home, and you come visit us all - lol looooong vacation!!! he he

well, i have completed the basic flower course, and have made my bouquet - is in my photo's lol and tomorrow is my last bc lesson - boo hoo
im sad in a way to have them end, but it is good, need a bit of a rest - lol and then start another 2 in august - lol

dinner last night was lazagne and rolls and made another 12 single servings to freeze - for those busy days - lol

tonight - left over lazagne from last nights - lol with corn on the cob and fresh crispy rolls - waste not want not - lol

Hope all are well, anyone hear from ohara?? when is she getting back ???
Hope all is well with all that arent eating!!
Have a wonderful sunday!!!

janine1972 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:36am
post #186 of 1314

Kay - we posted one after the other - sorry didnt see this one

The snickers cake sounds divine - lol and i can almost smell it here - that is how hungry for that you have made me - lol

glad mike is doing well, sorry he is driving you insane and way to go on the cooking - start classes and let her enrole her mom - lol

kaychristensen Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:09am
post #187 of 1314

Ok the snickrs cake was a huge hit with a few snags....Kid related long story LOL
But they want me to try it with Reeses. So I will probably tomorrow. I have a freebie to back tonight.

Janine Mike works at Eaton's they make vavles for cars. And they recently added new chemicals to the oils and the coolants that they use. So we are thinking that was the cause but not sure.. His plant shut down is next week when they will be doing the testing and cleaning the plant. The cleaning is something they always do during that time. So I am thinking they will try to have him ga back to work after that. He was so bored yesterday he detailed the car. Waxed it cleaned the inside and even scrubbed the tire rims with a toothbrush.. SEE HOW BORED HE IS??? But we will go camping this up coming weekend so hope to keep him busy out there..

Ok last night for supper was left oven chicken meat that I added BBQ sauce to for sandwiches. And I made chicken rice a roni with it. Tonight it was a feed yourself sort of night. Jordan and I took his girlfriend home this afternoon. He and I had subway on the way home. (She lives a hour away) And Mike had hot pockets and Brooke had spaghettios when she got home from swimming..

It is going to be a crazy week at work and this freebie yo do for home. And getting ready for camping trip. So don't know if I will be on here much for the next 2 weeks. I will pop in when I can. Keep my seat warm and dust it for me LOL

If I don't get back here have a great 4Th yall..

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:51am
post #188 of 1314

Well I haven't gotten lost, I've just been on and off quickly the last week or so. I had a 18th birthday cake order to make and a friend of my son's asked me to make 3 slices for the same weekend cause she doesn't bake.
All very time consuming as you know.
Plus DD is going to Melbourne for a week and the actor in her makes everything very dramatic. She's flying and it's the first time she's been on a plane, drama, packing bags, drama, organising what she's doing with her friends, drama etc etc you got the picture right icon_rolleyes.gif ? Anyway she goes in the morning, thank goodness, peace the quiet icon_cool.gif but I'll still miss her icon_redface.gif .
The FIL has moved to the dementia ward as he has "lost the plot", running down the hall naked, not a pleasant picture icon_eek.gif and not sure what era he is in. The MIL has moved to be near him but her medical problems are getting worse too. This is a bit like the Neverending Story.
Hope everyone else is doing well I'll catch up on my reading later.
Kay hope that hubby of yours is getting better my DH just had a blood test and the results weren't normal so he has to go for further tests, so send good thoughts my way.
Last night we had lamb cutlets with cauliflower au gratin, potatoes in their jackets, beans and corn.
Can't remember any further back than that, sorry.
Catch you all later.
Catch up with you guys later.

mkolmar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:44pm
post #189 of 1314

I've had a rough night. My mom and dad decided after almost 40 years of marriage that they are getting a divorce. There is bad blood between them and there is no chance of getting back together. This is going to get messy and it happened all at my house icon_cry.gif I'm so depressed right now.

Last night for dinner was french toast with bacon.

I have 2 people asking about cakes and just don't even want to think about them right now. One's for a baby shower the other for a wedding cake. I have to get back to them today and just don't even want to.

Kay- hopefully they will find out what's going on at your DH's plant.
Janine- Have not heard from Ohara yet, but I'm sure she'll check in once she is rested up. Hope your last class went well.
Sparkle-My goodness your in-laws keep you busy. I hope your FIL and MIL get the help that they need to deal with everything (as well as your family--I know how hard it is to go through this--did with my grandpa).

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #190 of 1314

Hi Everyone-

It's been quite a while since I posted, sorry about that but it's been quite busy around here!

Melissa-I am really sorry to hear about your parents, and sorry that it happened the way it did at your home.
Kay-Hope your DH continues on the mend, and everyone else is doing well.
Janine-beautiful cakes, hope your classes go well.
Sparkle-I hope things get easier for you with your inlaws, hope things work out so they accept the help they need.

Well, Sunday dinner was the choice of the chef(23rd B-Day)!
Southern sytle spare ribs in the crock pot with BBQ sauce.
A very cheesy hash brown potato casserole and equally as cheesy broccoli one. Not at all health food. Dessert was homemade white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake.
Last night was clam chowder, and bodacious broccoli salad, how's that for a name!
May best to all
Talk to you soon!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:15pm
post #191 of 1314

Hello table friends. I'm back. We had a wonderful time in Alaska. If only life could be as easy as vacation!! Since I've chatted with you wonderful people, my baby has left and gone to live with his grandparents and my best friend of the last 16 years has moved across the country icon_cry.gif I am a very sad person these days. I know that it will get easier, I just wish it would get there sooner than later.

Melissa, I am so very sorry about your parents. There really aren't words that can let you know how bad I feel for you. Know that we are here to listen and be a shoulder for you to cry on.

Janine, good job with the classes. I'm sure you will miss them. At least you have the August classes to look forward to. How's the weather in your corner of the world?

Kay, I am glad to hear that Mike is doing better. I'm sure he is driving you crazy. My DH was unemployed for 9 months a few years ago. It was a HUGE adjustment having him here all the time. I hope you enjoy your camping trip. You need a break. Will you going back to town each day to do a paper route this year?

Sparkle, Wow....your in laws keep your life very interesting. I hope all works out well with them. I also have a drama queen. She's 19 now, but still a drama queen. She can wear me out, as I'm sure you are well aware.

Mewie, glad you checked in. The birthday dinner sounded good ( and cheesy). I have one getting ready to have a birthday and the food choices will be anything but healthy, or even really go together. But since they get to pick, they kind of just put together a bunch of favorites

Food....
Well I know that we had Chicken Taco Rice last night.
We have also had spaghetti, grilled steaks and take out.
Tonight will be pan fried ham slices with mac n cheese or cheesy potatoes, not sure yet.
Talk to you all soon.

mkolmar Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:21am
post #192 of 1314

Thanks everyone for you concern about my family. It is really bad right now. I'm scared my dad will try to kill my mom, brothers or myself. He is not in his right mind (demensia (sp?) and alcohol) and has threatened my mother so she put a restraining order on him. I just went with my mom and the cops to go back to their house to pick up some of her clothes, jewelry and medicine. The cops only gave us 10 minutes to grab what we could. My dad just glared at me the whole time. My mom is at my house right now and it's obviously not safe since I've seen my dad drive by 2x in less that an hour looking for her car (we were smart enough to take it to an office building and park in the back so he doesn't know -Hopefully-that she's at our house) He's mad at my brothers and me. Swears my mom is cheating and started a rumor and when that rumor got back to him months later he now is taking that as proof and filled for divorce (even though he's the idiot who started it when he was drunk but just can't remember) I'm so mad because I heard about this rumor through the church my mom and I belong too. We were wondering why my mom had her sunday school class taken away from her and now we know why. The church said that they can't have a woman like her teaching children icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Needless to say, I'm never going back to my church and will find a new one. It's all my dad's fault that this has happened. I love my father but he's such an tapedshut.gif
I grew up in a physically and mentally abusive house so I take his threats seriously. I feel so lost right now and like I'm in a nightmare that doesn't want to end. My poor mother is not safe and I know it. My DH doesn't trust him right now and he absolutely loves my father like his own. He's worried he's going to try to beat me up since what my dad did yesterday to me (he was holding back hitting me yesterday while yelling at me about my mom in my driveway -by the way my neighbors came out and stared-)
So right now my DH has a loaded gun just in case out. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out but I know it won't.
By the way the reason we are being so careful is on Saturday when my brother stopped over to my mom and dads house to warm up his semi-truck for a run my dad walked out and pulled a double barreled shot gun out on him. It took the cops over an hour to get there and they are only about 10 minutes from the station. The cops didn't care either once they got there, just didn't care. So we are not taking any chances.
I'm sorry to spill this all out. There is so much more to it that this and I feel like such a whine bag but I can't say anything to my family because I'm the strong one right now out of everyone. I can't let them know I'm not or things will get worse.

Sparklepop Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:43am
post #193 of 1314

OMG Melissa how terrible for you. You spill out as much as you need we are always here to listen.
Don't you guys have places that deal with this sort of thing, apart from the police. I know we have a group who help battered wives and people who are living in fear of their partner. They give them a safe house and ensure that they get the things they need from home and would give your mum the help she needs.
In Oz we can't carry firearms they are illegal so if someone knew your dad had a gun he would be arrested.
How dare the church take away your mums Sunday School class on the grounds of a rumour. Surely they should of checked it out with her first. What a spineless lot they are.
Alcohol and dementia what a terrible combination.
I'm sending good thoughts your way and hope it helps you to stay strong and see things clearly.
Lyn

mkolmar Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #194 of 1314

I've been pretty much useless the last few days, but I decided to just keep on trudging forward. I can't let this affect my DH and kids and I have not been a good mom the last few days or a good wife. So far today I'm back to my old self and getting stuff done.
I have a cake getting picked up on Saturday that's for a party on Sunday, it will be a carved octopus cake in red icon_confused.gif . It's devils food on the inside so when they cut it it will look likes it bleeding icon_lol.gif . But hey, the boy is turning 8 and that's what he wanted so I hope he is happy with it when I'm done. (I'm not really in the mood to make it considering this week) So if I'm not on that's why.
My dad came over yesterday unannounced and yelled at me outside (while drunk) and told me he never wants to see me or my kids again.
I was heartbroken and couldn't stop crying. My DH went over to my dad's house last night and my dad told him to leave and get out. Jon started crying and just said that he loved him and hope he is okay and left.
My dad just called today and said he is sorry.
I'm tired of this tapedshut.gif , I'm just numb now

All in all I'm doing OK. Things could be better but they could be worse so I'm happy right now.

Last night was Brandy and Mushroom marinated NY Strip steaks with sauted button mushrooms, honey-ginger glazed carrots, baked potatoes and a fresh loaf of wheat bread. The kids had McDonalds though since I was on the road with them at dinner time.

*I thank God for all of my table friends.*

Ohara Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:31pm
post #195 of 1314

Melissa, I'm glad you are pushing yourself to do normal daily things. I know it's hard. I have really just moped around here for the last week and a half. Yesterday was the first day I really did "normal" stuff around the house. And I'm not dealing with a situation as difficult as yours. I don't think anyone should have to go through such things, and definately not for your whole life!!
How is your mom doing? I pray that guilt doesn't torture her. Is she still living with you? I hope your cake is going well, I can't wait to see pictures of the octopus when you are done. I pray for you each time you cross my mind. Hang in there my friend.

Dinner Thursday was pasta, salad and garlic bread
and Friday night after shopping for groceries we baked a take home pizza while we put away groceries. I have no idea for tonight!

mkolmar Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:22pm
post #196 of 1314

My mom is still here and will be for awhile. They are slowly both coming around and each is saying they still love the other but things need to change. They are both very stubborn though so we'll see if they work it out or not.

Last night was breaded pork chops, red skinned roasted potatoes, wheat loaf bread and applesauce
My friend Sarah took me out last night to eat so I had Mexican food instead.
Tonight was pizza, chicken chabata sandwiches and rib-eye sandwiches.

I'm getting ready to make a key-lime-coconut margarita. I can sure use one.
Ohara--You've had a hard week (sorry about the baby and your friend moving), you feel like coming over for a watermelon margarita, Jack Daniels cooler or key-lime margarita? I have other alcohol that I use mainly for cooking but after this week I think I may just have to drink it. Any one else at the table want to join?
Mewie--your pretty close considering being in NY, come on over.
Janine, Lyn, Kay, Christi....load up the car (or plane) and come over too.

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #197 of 1314

I'll be right there, Melissa!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry about everyone's problems, sorry Ohara about the baby being gone, you sure did give that baby the best start any little one could have gotten in their life, you deserve more credit than anyone could ever give.

On to the food part, well let's see
my meals have been a little weird this week. Melissa, my husband is in computers too, owns his own business and has had one heck of a late week.
We had buffalo wraps last night, and tonight we went out for a nice seafood dinner. DH had fried scallops, shrimp and oysters. I had crab cakes. Both were very good as usual.

I hope all is well with everyone else, hope to hear from you all soon.

Take Care--Michele

Ohara Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:38am
post #198 of 1314

Melissa..... YES,YES,YES,YES!!!!! I would like one of each just to start. Then we'll go from there. I could be there in just a couple of hours. icon_wink.gif
What do you think is best? Do you think it's a good thing for them to get back together? I'm sure you have been through every emotion and then some with this whole situation. Still praying for you and yours!

Mewie....thank you for your kind words. I'm only sorry for me that he's gone, as I love him so much. I am happy for him. Not all cases have a "happy" ending. And he has family who wanted him very badly. For a long time they didn't even know that he existed. So any way....a good ending for him. I just miss him, my arms ache!!! The phone will ring and they will have another baby and I will go through this all over again. icon_wink.gif

Where is Janine????? Hope all is well with you.

Sparkle....how goes it with the in-laws?

Kay...you must be busy. I hope you have a great camping trip.

Dinner last night was a nacho dip and chips for DH and DS. I don't even remember what DD and I had. Must not have been very good.
Lunch today was at a Greek place...DD and I split a chicken gyro and DH had a traditional gyro. When we got home they had lemon cake that was left over. DD and I had a bagel with cream cheese for dinner. Hmmmm, maybe I should cook tomorrow?

I hope every one had a good week.

janine1972 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:29am
post #199 of 1314

Hi Table Friends - phew long time no eat -lol

Sorry it has been quite a hectic week or so, and just havent had the time or the energy to stop in - but i have really missed you all very muc -((((((BIG HUGS)))))

Lets see, classes ended well - thanks all for the support and the lovely comments - miss them terribly but im looking forward to augusts classes - whoo hoo!!!

I finished class last monday, and we did a winnie the pooh b.c flip and it is awesome - i love that method - lol
then on tuesday i had a call for a cheetah cake - a 3D cheetah - yikes!!! but it turned out beautifuly, and the woman says all were so impressed - lol she even got queries about me from people at the cheetah farm and town - lol that is about 2.5 hours away -lol
This week has been hectic - went to a dem day on saturday - but couldnt see or hear much , their quality for sound and screen were very poor!!!

I have a 3D winnie the pooh picnic scene cake for today, 40 cheetah cup cakes for thursday and 3 cakes for saturday - yikes!!!! lol im not complaining, love being busy and it is of course good!!! lol just all happened suddenly - so im busy making stuff for all the cakes etc, just not getting round here!!

Kay - Hope that they find the problem at dh's work, and that they will sort it out - shame man, im so sorry he was bored - but the bright side is your car is sparkling - lol
I will keep you and yours in prayer!!!
Have a wonderful camping trip!!! i love to camp!!!

Sparklepop - Wow, enjoy the peace and quiet , but im sure she is gonna get missed sorely!!! lol
Im so sorry about your fil and mil - hope things get sorted there and they are in the best place at the moment!! Take good care of you and your family!!! Its rough!! I will be keeping you and yours in prayer too!!! I hope that your dh's test come back fine!!! big hugs

Mkolmar - Big hugs!!! and im so sorry i didnt hear before now!!! You and your family are in my prayers!!! Please be careful, I was wondering, if he isnt bipolar or schitzophrenic - i have a brother who is now in a place for that - he used to start fires etc, also get extremely violent, and alchohol goes hand in hand with this disorder!!! if he had one drink, he would break stuff, or threaten to burn down my home or kill me and my son!! so eventually had to have him put in this place - now on meds etc, and soo normal!! but just miss one pill and it is back to it all!!

I am praying for you and your family , that you will all be safe, and not have to go through this, that you will be able to get help!!!
Is it wise for your mom to go back to him??? Contact the bipolar and schitzophrenic foundations in your area - im sure there are - they are social workers - and amazing at getting help!!!
my brother would be fine, till he had a drink - then all hell would break loose!! im wondering if it is not the same with your dad???? they can get terribly violent!!! so please be careful!!!

Mewie- Thanks!! the classes are so much fun, and thanks for the compliments about the cakes.
Sounds like another awesome meal ther - yummy!!!!

Ohara- Welcome back!!! and ss about your baby and friend!!! (((big hugs))) youre in my prayers, glad youre starting to do the normal things again!!
You gave that little one a wonderful head start in life with all your love and kindness and caring - way to go!!! I take my hat off to you - youre a wonderful, strong and amazing woman!!
Cry if you need to - it helps!!! and we are all here for you and melissa and all!!!
Glad you had a wonderful trip, big hugs

Well, its off to work again, I still have roses and cheetah heads etc to make - will keep up to date as much as i can here - so sorry all for the rough and tough times, be strong and know you are in our prayers!!! (((((BIG BIG HUGS AND TONS OF LOVE!!!!))))))))

ok, dinner - lol
last night was lazagne - warmed up from friday night, saturday night was toasted steak sandwiches - the rest is history - lol

Keep the sunny side up!!!!!

mkolmar Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #200 of 1314

Hi everyone. My mom stayed at my brothers and SIL house last night.
Janine-my mom is bipolar and a manic depressant.
A lot of the issues they have start with her. She is gone 90% of the time and is just plain mean to my dad. She never cooks or cleans just goes out with her friends and keeps busy all the time. Everything comes first over him. He gets depressed then drinks and when he drinks he gets mean sometimes. It's a horrible cycle.
My dad has taken the steps to stop drinking to try to be nicer. They talked last night and things went well. My mom is being the stubborn one though who is not willing to change. I'm just so frustrated with the whole situation. It's both of their faults. I told my brother that my mom is like a busy city girl who is always on the go and has to be fabulous and involved and my dad is like a country boy who wants to be sitting on the porch and just hanging out with a slow paced life.

My brother in law is schitzophrenic and life with him has been very hard. Now he is on meds so he is fine as long as he takes them. He did 16 hits of Acid at once and fried the whole left half of his brain. He was showing signs even before the drugs though.

Last night was grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit before the kids, DH and I went to the park.

janine1972 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:51pm
post #201 of 1314

Mkolomar -
((((((((((BIG HUGS!!))))))))))
You and your family are in my prayers, and my heart goes out to you!!! It isnt nice all these things, and hopefully they get sorted soon!!!
It is difficult though!!! Is your mom on meds?? does it help any??

God Bless you and your family - take one day at a time and lots of Knee-mails!!!
Keep venting here as it helps and we are here for you!! Just keep safe!!!

Tons of love and hugs!
p.s the drinks sound good, just one hell of an expensive session though - lol considering the cost of the flight and all - lol

Keep the sunny side up - when things are too much youre welcome to e-mail me too!!!
big hugs

kaychristensen Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:50am
post #202 of 1314

Didn't have time to read up.. But we are back from our mini vacation.. I will catch up later

Just wanted to tell everyone to have a safe and wonderful 4th of July...

mkolmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm
post #203 of 1314

Hi everyone. Hope you all have a safe 4th of July and for Sparkle and Janine I hope you have a fabulous day as well.

Trying to plan what we are doing this weekend. May go camping with the kids, or to a ball game with them and possible a drive-in movie.

Last night was breaded chicken, potatoes and honey-carrots with cheesecake.

Night before was Brandy-mushroom marinated steak with baked potatoes, sauted zucchini with onion and ice cream.

Sparklepop Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:16pm
post #204 of 1314

Well haven't you all been busy. To all my American friends happy 4th July. Janine you and I will hopefully have just great days.

mkolmar - hope you have a great weekend whatever you do, you deserve a well earned break. As soon as Janine wins the lottery we'll be over for drinks LOL, we'll be able to fly back by ourselves, we won't need a plane, after the margaritas LOL.
kay - lucky you having a mini break
ohara - Wow Alaska that would be terrific. Sad about the baby but good for him to be with family. With email and phones I'm sure you're friend will be closer than you think.
mewie - I think I like the sound of the bodacious broccoli salad

Well we've had
Tuesday - gourmet pies with chips
Wednesday - chicken & prawn chop suey
Thursday - Tuna curry, my youngest son's fav
Tonight we're going to my elder son's Eistford in Sydney so we'll be having take away of some kind.

Hubby's blood tests were a high white blood cell count so he had to go to a haematologist(sp?) blood specialist. The results of his tests we're nothing to worry about his lymph glands work faster than normal, which is apparently good. He's going to check with his GP to find out what it actually means. Leukemia was the worry but that's definitely crossed off the list, which is great news.

DD came back in the same flurry she left. She had a great time. Has talked my ear off and shown me soo many pics and video's she took I feel like I was there myself. She was only gone a week you would of thought it was 3 months LOL.

Cheers
Lyn

Ohara Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #205 of 1314

usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif HAPPY 4th of JULY usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

I know it's going to be a holiday because I have spent the day cooking preparing for it. That's how I spend every holiday except for Easter, and we go out for that. Actually I have spent the day in the kitchen preparing food. Not just for the holiday but also for my oldest son's birthday. He was born on the 4th of July, 23 years ago. It was the only year I can remember that I didn't care if the fireworks got rained out because I couldn't go. icon_wink.gif
And as family tradition dictates, you get to choose your birthday food. Well he is the master of squeezing in as many favorites as possible. lol Not sure how many people are coming over, but there will be plenty of food.

Tonight we had ham and pancakes, as it was quick and I was still working on food for tomorrow.

Lyn, you are right my friend and I are emailing and talked just today on the phone. That does help, but she was my friend that we spent each Thursday together for the day. Our kids grew up together, spent holidays together, birthdays, weddings.... you know everything. We will still see each other just not as often as we used to. Glad to hear you DD had a great vacation. Also good new on you husband. How are the in-laws
doing?

Kay. I hope your mini get away was great for you. How is Mike doing? Will he go back to work soon?

Janine, wow you are a busy lady. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Melissa, I hope you have a great weekend, no matter what you all decide to do. Where's your mom at these days. Are things settling down? What ball team would you all go see, would it be the Mud Hens?

I hope all are well. I am thankful for my table friend.(((hugs)))

Jennifer

janine1972 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:03am
post #206 of 1314

Hi everyone - BIG HUGS to all!!
I hope all the american friends here had a wonderful 4th of july, sorry i didnt wish you all earlier, but i had 3 cakes for saturday and delivery started early, got the first dropped off at 7am - yikes and the last was finished serving at 6pm!! then dh took me out to dinner so we got home about 8pm last night and i was just too bushed to do much, will upload the pictures later on - need to go shopping this morning - lol

kay - glad you had a lovely mini vacation, hope you had a wonderful weekend, How is mike doing???

mkolmar - your weekend plans sound lovely - i love camping - lol hope you had a wonderful time!! and thanks, my friday was nice but busy baking - lol

sparklepop - Hope you had a wonderful day on friday and glad dd is back safe and sound, sounds like she had a ball!!! loli can just picture us flying back without the plane - lol but yup, still working on the lottery, sorry no luck just yet!!! darn!!!
So glad dh is fine and that it isnt anything to worry about!! i know its a stressful thing all the worries etc, but sooooo glad all is well!!

Ohara - Hope you got to sit down and enjoy all the fruits of your labour, and that your son had a wonderful birthday - sounds like a wonderful family tradition - mind if i borrow it??? sounds like fun!!
Thanks, i have been a busy little girl - lol i delivered 3 cakes on saturday but got to bed at 3-30am on sat morning and up again at 6am to start deliveries - lol but it was worth it, they loved it all, so that makes me feel great, and makes the work worthwhile - lol Im glad you got to chat with your friend, im just sorry you wont be able to be with her each thursday!! mayube you could start a tradition of a chat each thursday??? or an e-mail thursday to catch up on all youve missed during the week - i know it is hard, but im glad you will keep in touch and still see one another!! big hugs !!

Well, lets see, thursday night was a take out blondie sandwich - lol burger patty, with lettuce tomato, bacon, egg - gave that to dh, steak etc - dh brought home as i was baking - lol

friday night - dh brought home chips and sausages as i was still baking - lol

Saturday night - dh took me out to dinner, we went to a place here called boston bbq - it is a buffet place, they have 100 dishes to choose from and you help yourself to whatever you want, incl starters, soups, and sallads, desserts and wow, did we chow down - lol but you cant do justice to a place like that - lol just had some different sallads, meats and pudding of course - lol

Well hope all is well at the table with all - and have a wonderful day (((((((extra BIG HUGS))))))))

mkolmar Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #207 of 1314

Hi table friends. We were gone camping with the kids for a few days and came back and I've been busy cleaning and catching up on laundry. Everything went pretty well considering 4 kids who went camping who have never been before. I thought I would die laughing when we got there. The first thing my kids said when we were setting up was "Where's the TV" I said there wasn't one and they won't have one to watch till they get back home. You should have seen their faces! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Priceless. They did do well though. We went hiking a few times, played in a side field and on the playground , wagon ride, looked at the llamas they had there, went swimming and Jon did the rock climbing wall and zip line.

Today I took the kids to the zoo and met my cousin with her 4 kids. The zoo was kind of busy and there was 8 kids to 2 adults. We were there for 5 hours. Hot today but it's alright, they had a good time.
I'm making grilled chicken and veggies tonight for dinner.
Yesterday was apple cinnamon pancakes for the kids and Jon and I had a turkey-swiss-bacon-roasted red bell pepper-sauted onion with fresh herbs on ficaccia bread (an herby italian style bread)
The day before we had omletes with bagels and fresh fruit.

Sparkle- so glad to hear about you DH. I hope everything has been going well and that you received more good news.

Ohara- happy b-day to your DS. Hope he didn't slave you down to the bone with the meal he wanted.

Janine-That BB place sounds wonderful!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:24pm
post #208 of 1314

Glad to find this thread! You all are inspiring me to cook more! I really don't enjoy it. I think it is because 9 times out of 10 at least one person complains about dinner!! Doesn't make it fun. I did watch this lady on Rachael Ray today. SHe made a New Years resolution to cook EVERYDAY in her crock pot!! Thought I would post the link as some of the recipes sound good. HOpe it is ok to post here.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

kaychristensen Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:19am
post #209 of 1314

Welcome to the table charlieinMO That sight was pretty cool. I will have to try some of them...I already posted a French dip awhile back it may have been before the crash.. It was similair to the one she had..

Well we had sandwiches for supper tonight. It was a busy day.

The night before was Brooke's fav meal. Chicken nuggets, cheesy mashed potaoes, and pork and beans...I heard the words I love you MOMMY when she saw what we were having LOL

Well Mike was feeling AWESOME and driving me nutso. And there plant was shut down for the holidays. They started up Monday night. But Mike couldn't go back till he had a doctors note. So we got one and he went back to work Tues. night (last night) Came home and feel asleep. He said he had a little problem breathing but he coughed alot at work. And when he woke up before work tonight he said his chest felt alittle tight and was still coughing. And when he left he said he didn't think he would make it through the night So we will see..He has been at work for an hour and he hasn't come home yet..Still another 7 to go...And he said he starts to feel it around 4 to 5 in the morning..

Hey twin camping is great isn't it.. I would have loved to see there faces I bet it was priceless LOL So what did you cook while out camping?? I made Chicken breasts seasoned with a BBQ rub and sealed them in foil and cooked on the fire. And in another bag was sliced potaoes,onion, salt pepper and alittle butter..Jordans girlfriend loved it..Her mom cooks chiken all the time but she said I needed to teach her mom to cook LOL another night was pork chops on the fire. Seasoned with the BBQ rub and in a foil pack I put sliced potatoes, diced carrots and onions,salt pepper,and alittle butter. Another night was bugers and dogs on the grill with chips and pork and beans. Oh and brunch was one day breakfast burritoes, one day was hashbrowns,sausage,scrambled eggs and pancakes. and other day was hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs and french toast.. I cooked more out campnig that I do at home LOL

Well I think I typed abook.. I better stop for now LOL

janine1972 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #210 of 1314

Hi all!!

Welcome charlienmo, glad youve joined us, i will check out those reciepes shortly - lol

Mkolmar - glad your camping trip was fun, and i can just imagine the kids faces - lol we love to camp and my 9 yr old son can never wait to go - lkol also no t.v etc - lol
welcome back!!!

Kay - sounds like your camping trip was great too, glad you had fun, and welcome back - by the way the food sounds yummy - lol

Well i had a busy week last week - lol had 3 wedding cakes for saturday 5th july - lol boy was that one mad rush to get done, but they all came out nicely - lol was a first for me with chocolate collars too - no time to practice before hand though - oops lol I also had a winnie the pooh cake, with modeled figures ontop for the monday, and 224 bride and groom cookies for the wed, and 40 cup cakes with cheetah heads for the thursday - so it was hectic , but fun - and i missed all here at the table - seems we are all too busy to eat - lol

Last night we had mc donalds - oh cant remember what we ate last week - lol
and tonight im making stew in my crock pot - lol with pumpking fritters on the side and basmati rice and corn, and then im cheating - lol im doing a box pudding with bought custard - lol

afterall we too are allowed a break now and again - lol

Hope all are well!!! and kay hope mike is feeling better soon, and that they find what the problem is at work!!! big hugs

(((((((big hugs to all))))))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%