Do You Have A Nickname For Your Ka?

Decorating By THESWEETBAKER Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 2:35pm by AJsGirl

THESWEETBAKER Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 16

I sure do....her name is Betty icon_biggrin.gif

Am I the only one who has named her mixer? I figure, we spend so much time together, she deserved a name icon_lol.gif

Care to share yours?

15 replies
SugarplumStudio Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 16

Sure do. My 6 qt Pro is Pearl and my 4.5 Classic is Lil ( as in Lil' Pearl). My hand-held is Peg. They are my girls! LOL

bambuf Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 16

my Professional is dubbed Big Bertha, while my trusty 4 qt is Bessie. Both are blue and beautiful!

MadPhoeMom Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 16

man.......i'm ashamed to say no....never thought about it, but i am now.....

i will say that i've always thought about taking mine to a body shop and getting some racing stripes on him though.....

i'm anxious to watch this post...i'm thinking mine is a guy though....he's got arms that look like they are just waiting to give me a hug and help me out....he's got a reliable motor...and i can turn him off and on whenever i feel like it.....

pish Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 16

Yep! My 6-qt is Cletus and my 4.5 is Charlie. I have no idea where I got those names or why I think that they're boys....just do! icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 16

My cream one is Bessie and my royal blue one is OL' Blue short for Bueford.

cupcake_cutie Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 16

Yep. I haven't named the white one (it's my Grandma's) but my husband bought me one a couple of months ago and we named her Icie. (It's Bleu Glacier)

Tona Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:09am
post #8 of 16

I have two my 6qt is black and I call it Black Beauty. I also have a classic that is Red. She is the Lady in Red

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:12am
post #9 of 16

My red is Ruby, and my yellow is Daisy. I love them. They both worked so hard over Christmas that I gave them a nice rubdown/polish, and put a pretty ribbon on them. I am pretty sure my husband thought I was nuts.

RaYiTo Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:31am
post #10 of 16

my black one is yeya and my white one is fela. icon_biggrin.gif

servingzero Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:48am
post #11 of 16

I just got my KA not long ago. His name is Jefferson. Why you may ask? Well he is white, and I think of him as my White Knight (his alternate name) which reminds me of that Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit"... so with my mind warped the way it is, I've named him offically Jefferson. Everyone that I tell the name to initially think "THE Jeffersons... but I was born in '84 and have little knowledge of that show heh. Just the movin on up theme song.
My little hand held was Betty (gee, Betty Crocker hand mixer... original!) And she lost a limb (it was sad) so my new one is called Davidson, for no discerible reason. I now know how strange I look to everyone.

PennieK Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:13am
post #12 of 16

My KA's name is Mr. Darcy. I love Jane Austen, especially Pride and Prejudice and I have a bit of a crush on Mr. Darcy.

aliciaL_77 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:22am
post #13 of 16

My KA is Audrey.. After my grandmother passed away, she left me some money and I got Audrey (after Grandma)

calynmom Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:35am
post #14 of 16

Mine is Doris. My grandmother passed away around the time that I got it. She was my inspirtation.

ElectricCook Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:55pm
post #15 of 16

My KA is named Besty after Betsy Johnson. Wacky to look at, but a great designer. Betsy is white. MY DH got her for Christmas. I had plans on a shiny black one. My New dream is a pretty blue one someday.

AJsGirl Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:35pm
post #16 of 16

Mine is green, so her name is Kelley. (As in, Kelley Green) icon_biggrin.gif

I call her that so often, even my hubby calls her Kelley! icon_lol.gif She's like a member of the family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%