Fondant On Cookies

Baking By manahigh Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 2:00pm by cakechica27

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I know this has probably been covered but since the crash took out alot of postings, I thought I would ask. I am wanting to bake some nfsc for Easter and want to know if anyone has used Michele Fosters fondant on them. (Place a cutout of the same shape on the cookie after removing from oven?) Were you happy with the result? Any tips you can add to help me do this for the first time? Thanks for any assistance.

5 replies
minkiemoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minkiemoo Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 6

I have made loads of nfsc with fondant on them (not Michele Fosters fondant tho) and they turn out fab. Just make sure that you don't use too much ps when rolling the fondant out as this stops it from sticking to the cookie, also small peices of fondant need something to help them stick but to cover the whole cookie I just put the cut out of fondant onto the cookie as soon as it comes out of the oven then it kinda melts on to the cookie and as the cokkie cools it hardens back up. HTH

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Minkiemoo for your response. I thought I had read that this was done and I look forward to starting this project this week. I was in jury duty last week for a murder trial and I need some creative therapy. Thanks again for your help.

minkiemoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minkiemoo Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 6

Jury duty - oh my - I would much rather bake cookies any day icon_biggrin.gif

BakingStacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingStacey Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 6

Boo for jury duty! Hope the cookies helped.

Just wanted to mention that I sometimes put a very thin layer of bc frosting to keep the fondant on the cookie. Then when you are decorating the fondant with the details you can apply it straight on to the fondant.

Here's a youtube video using fondant on cookies. They're valentines day- put the technique is the same.

cakechica27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechica27 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 6

I've not used that particular recipe, but regular MMF, to make Easter egg cookies. I marbled the fondant with three different shades (pale pink, green, and brown), then brushed the fondant with luster dust. They turned out really pretty. Be sure to apply a thin layer of corn syrup before placing the fondant on the cookie.

If you haven't already, take a peek at The Flour Pot website. They specialize in fondant-covered cookies. And their book is excellent - one of my favorites.

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%