Help Needed - What To Put For Whiskers

Decorating By drgaddy Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 8:21am by tonedna

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake next week - bunny rabbit. The head is RKT and I am currently working on it. I have no idea what to use to make whiskers. Any suggestion welcome. Here is the head so far...Any other suggestion welcome. Thanks!

5 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 6

Cute cake!

You can use uncooked spaghetti for the whiskers. Sometimes I dip the spaghetti in melted chocolate or I pipe over them if they're not too long.

To do that, fill your bag with icing and fit it with a round tip large enough to go around the spaghetti stick. Stick the stick into the tip, squeeze the bag and pull the stick out at the same time. You'll have the stick coated with icing, and the part you were holding onto is the part that you can stick into the rabbit's cheeks.

Deanna

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 6

Or, Thai rice noodles. They're whiter than regular spaghetti. Check out the pasta and Asian sections of the grocery store. It's fun to shop for whiskers. icon_smile.gif

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

Use the spaghttis sticks adn paint them black with food coloring. let dry before inserting.

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:55am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for your ideas! You would not believe it, but I had no spagetti at home icon_cry.gif , so I've put florist wire for whiskers...

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:21am
post #6 of 6

lol..well dont cry..i bet it turn out awesome still!.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%