Cake Boss Users...like It??

Decorating By pinkbox Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 4:48pm by slb1956

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 14

Hi Im considering purchasing the cake boss program.. but before I do I want to make sure it it right for me. Can anyone vouch for it? Can you enter receipts and keeps track of spending and will it keep track of ingredient costs?

Im just wondering if I should try to set it up using Quicken instead.. (a friend (non caker) said I can do that.. but I havent the faintest idea how)

Any advice is appreciated

Kim

13 replies
Lil_Belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lil_Belle Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 14

I watched the video for it and it looks great, I'm so tempted to buy it but I think I'll need some more business before I do. Sorry I'm not much help icon_sad.gif.

pinkbox Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 14

Thx Lil_Belle...I appreciate your willingness to post. A

Any one else willing to share???

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 14

Thx kelleym... that helps a lot. One questions is... can I keep track of my receipts too??

If Im shopping and I purchase this and that... will it calculate those too for tax season? Or do I need to just enter those into MS Excel? Also inventory of supplies? I am trying to build up my inventory and sometimes I double what I have.

Maybe Im asking too much of this program?? haha.

Will it cook me dinner too??

kelleym Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbox

Thx kelleym... that helps a lot. One questions is... can I keep track of my receipts too??

If Im shopping and I purchase this and that... will it calculate those too for tax season? Or do I need to just enter those into MS Excel? Also inventory of supplies? I am trying to build up my inventory and sometimes I double what I have.

Maybe Im asking too much of this program?? haha.

Will it cook me dinner too??

Because CakeBoss is not traditional accounting software, you don't keep track of your expenses by entering receipts, but by calculating your costs with the Pricing Calculator. I strongly recommend watching a couple of our short "How-To" videos on our site at http://www.cakeboss.com/How-To-Videos.aspx, especially the video on ?Coupon=CC2015"How to use the Pricing Calculator". This will really give you a feel for how you would use CakeBoss.

CakeBoss also has reports that allow you to pull up your profits/expenses for any time period, which many people use for tax purposes.

CakeBoss does not currently have inventory control, but we do have it on the upgrade list and hope to add it one day (no promises on when...I am pregnant and things are all up in the air right now, lol icon_lol.gif )

We believe that you will not find any features in traditional accounting software like Quicken/QuickBooks/Money to compare to CakeBoss's recipe costing, Pricing Calculator, built-in calendar, and customer tracking. These features were developed by me (and my husband) for the specific needs of people in our business.

Remember that we offer an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee, so if you try CakeBoss and it's not what you were looking for, we will absolutely refund your money, no hassles, no questions. thumbs_up.gif

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

dustymorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dustymorris Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks, kelleym!
Those links were very helpful! I will have CakeBoss in the near future!! icon_biggrin.gif

pinkbox Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:04am
post #8 of 14

Thx kelleym... That tutorial is great and those links really shed some light!!

Thank you for taking the time to explain...

PS.. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Many many prayers.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:52am
post #9 of 14

I am considering purchasing the cake boss software and was wondering if it stores pictures of the cakes you did with the customers information.

kelleym Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:22am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetofrost

I am considering purchasing the cake boss software and was wondering if it stores pictures of the cakes you did with the customers information.

Yes! I am attaching pictures of the Order Screen. The first screen I marked with a red arrow pointing to the 'Order Picture' button. You can click on it, and select the picture from your computer to save with the order (this is what the second picture shows). This is great for looking back over past orders, and also attaching sketches or artwork for future orders! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:34am
post #11 of 14

I definitely am wanting to get it. I spoke with DH and he agreesicon_smile.gif so now, just have to make my first few cake sales and I will be ready to buy. I'm very glad you can put photos with the customer screen. thanks for answering my question.

angelbabe_28f Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelbabe_28f Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:14pm
post #12 of 14

kellym

I, too, have been dreaming of getting Cakeboss for months now. Prior to finding out about it, I searched and searched for similar programs, tried out a few free demos but never found what i was looking for, and besides, most of the programs out there cost an arm and a leg! My question is.....since I am in Canada, will CakeBoss still be useful for me as far as pricing and taxes and all that other wonderful stuff. Does it have features that allows me to edit costs and prices and taxes according to my needs here in Canada. DH says that if it is, then he is going to encourage me to purchase it near the end of this month when Baby Bonus comes in.

kelleym Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:20pm
post #13 of 14

CakeBoss will work to help you figure your costs no matter where you are in the world. We have many satisfied users in Canada and in fact scattered throughout the globe!! It doesn't matter if your currency is Dollars, Euros, Pounds, or Rand - CakeBoss uses the currency you have set in your Windows operating system thumbs_up.gif. Also, CakeBoss allows you to set whatever tax rate applies where you live, and lets you run reports to see the total amount of tax collected in any specified time period. You can also mark any individual order "tax exempt" if necessary. icon_smile.gif

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:48pm
post #14 of 14

I would love to have this program, but it doesn't work with my computer..I'd have to buy a new computer..icon_sad.gif mine is old..But i'd give my eye teeth to beable to use this program..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%