New Kid

Lounge By Kingpin008 Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm by lardbutt

Kingpin008 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all, I just joined the forum a few days ago, but this is my first chance to actually post since the site has been having some issues.

My name is Jay, and I'm a culinary student with hopes of opening my own bakery/pastry shop someday. I've been trying to find a place to learn about baking cakes and decorating, and this seems like one of the best places to start!

So..that's about it for now, I guess - I'm not that great at introductions, lol.

5 replies
itsmylife Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 6

Hi!

You'll find a TON of great hints/tips/advice here on this site. Make sure you check out the articles too and use the search tool to look for things.

I came here originally looking for help with cheesecakes, and I've found so many nice people with great ideas. Any time I have a cake to do now, I always come here first and look through the galleries.

Congrats on being in culinary school. Are you only taking pastry/baking classes, or are you doing everything?

Welcome!
Denise

veejaytx Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to CC and to the Lounge!

You have definitely come to the right place for a wealth of information. Janice

TooMuchCake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 6

Welcome!

Be prepared to "waste" countless hours in front of the monitor, reading the posts and soaking up the info on CC!

Deanna

Kingpin008 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the welcome!

I definitely will use the search function a lot, but I'm sure there will be some questions that slip by, lol. I have a habit of not being the best at searching before posting.

As far as culinary school, so far I'm only doing cooking and history type classes, no baking. We do have a baking section of the curriculum, but I don;t think it's as in-depth as the cooking part, and once I have my Associate's degree, I plan on transferring to an all-baking and pastry school.

Once again, thanks very much for the welcome, and it's good to be here!

lardbutt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 6

HA HA! By the title, I thought you might be having a new baby, or be talking about New Kids On the Block! icon_redface.gif

Anyway, welcome Jay, glad you joined the family!

Btw....I have heard rumors that NKOTB are going to make a comeback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%