New Kid

Lounge By Kingpin008 Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm by lardbutt

Kingpin008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kingpin008 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all, I just joined the forum a few days ago, but this is my first chance to actually post since the site has been having some issues.

My name is Jay, and I'm a culinary student with hopes of opening my own bakery/pastry shop someday. I've been trying to find a place to learn about baking cakes and decorating, and this seems like one of the best places to start!

So..that's about it for now, I guess - I'm not that great at introductions, lol.

5 replies
itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 6

Hi!

You'll find a TON of great hints/tips/advice here on this site. Make sure you check out the articles too and use the search tool to look for things.

I came here originally looking for help with cheesecakes, and I've found so many nice people with great ideas. Any time I have a cake to do now, I always come here first and look through the galleries.

Congrats on being in culinary school. Are you only taking pastry/baking classes, or are you doing everything?

Welcome!
Denise

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to CC and to the Lounge!

You have definitely come to the right place for a wealth of information. Janice

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 6

Welcome!

Be prepared to "waste" countless hours in front of the monitor, reading the posts and soaking up the info on CC!

Deanna

Kingpin008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kingpin008 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the welcome!

I definitely will use the search function a lot, but I'm sure there will be some questions that slip by, lol. I have a habit of not being the best at searching before posting.

As far as culinary school, so far I'm only doing cooking and history type classes, no baking. We do have a baking section of the curriculum, but I don;t think it's as in-depth as the cooking part, and once I have my Associate's degree, I plan on transferring to an all-baking and pastry school.

Once again, thanks very much for the welcome, and it's good to be here!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 6

HA HA! By the title, I thought you might be having a new baby, or be talking about New Kids On the Block! icon_redface.gif

Anyway, welcome Jay, glad you joined the family!

Btw....I have heard rumors that NKOTB are going to make a comeback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%