My Second Cake

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 6:01pm by korensmommy

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

This is a picture of my second cake, I tried it out on Church friends. I had to tell you all what happened.

Everyone kept asking who brought that or made that cake, I took it in, in a cake box. One person told the pastor that they could preach an entire sermon on a piece of my cake. Another person said that it was like a little piece of heaven. (I thought to myself I wonder if that name is taken for a business hmmmm?)

Everyone there had a piece (everyone who came brought a desert) If they didn't have a whole piece they at least shared a piece.. I was glade because I didnt want to take much home LOL icon_smile.gif The waist line is getting a little thicker because of all the yummy stuff I keep making..

This cake is a white cake mix doctored up with baking soda/lemon juice/sugar and white chocolate pudding.. it made the cake melt in your mouth. Then I put lemon and raspberry curd on alternating layers covered it with white chocolate buttercream (I got the recipe off of CC, and oh man is it oh so tastey) I added a 1/4 teaspoon of lemon and almond extracts and it was not so sweet, but still crusted, it was sooo good.. Then I covered the cake in white chocolate ganache and garnished it with candied lemon slices covered in gold luster dust, and fresh strawberries covered in gold luster dust.... I am so thrilled with the way it turned out!

My pastor told me that I should get cards together and start offering cakes to sell to people. I was just tickled pink LOL

I hope everyone enjoys the picture...

3 replies
nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 4

The pictures did not post, here is the link to my pictures...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-nikki72905.html

Thank you for looking!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4

The cake sounds really yummy! How much lemon juice and baking soda did you add to the cake?

I checked out your pictures and the cake reminds me of spring. It is great.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 4

i love lemon in/on cakes! i don't know where Tyrone is, but I'm coming over for a piece! Your Spongebob is cute too.
FYI - your comments are turned off so no one can comment on your photos (don't know if you want people to or not!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%