Clearing Out Cake Cabinet - Need Help With Cake Balls

Decorating By imartsy Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 4:40am by imartsy

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 5

Well, before the crash I made a post that basically no one responded to - so I'm taking the opportunity to try and post again and see if I get responses!

i'm trying to clear out my cake cabinet of old cake mixes and I thought I'd make cake balls.... questions:

1) When you're planning on making cake balls, do you just make the cake by following the directions on the package? I usually do the durable cake recipe... but I thought it might be easier and less expensive if I just follow the directions on the box w/out adding ingredients

2) Do you think that new cream cheese filling stuff that you can get at the grocery would be a good combo with pineapple or red velvet cake mix?

3) I've got
* Devil's food
* pineapple supreme
* lemon supreme
* red velvet

and a bunch of other cake mixes that now I can't remember... anyone have any good combo ideas?

4 replies
imartsy Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 5

wow 21 views and no one has any ideas or can help me at all?

kweenmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenmommy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:25am
post #3 of 5

I'm making cake ball out of my disaster cakes from this week ( I had 2 cakes that died).

I made the cake as per the instructions on the box.

I actually found that I didn't have to mix anything into the mix after I baked it to make it stick together. I just tossed it into my food processor.

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:01am
post #4 of 5

thanks - anyone have any ideas about that cheesecake filling stuff? Should I try it or just make cream cheese frosting to roll the balls in? I always found mixing it with icing was kinda messy and not as easy as mixing it with just different flavored coffee creamers.... but I wanted to do several flavors... and I really can't think of a coffee creamer that would go with some - like strawberry or pineapple cake.....

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:40am
post #5 of 5

anyone tried that cheesecake filling stuff?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%